Windows XP SP1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP SP1

I think I've read somewhere that if you have changed your boot screen image you will have problems installing SP1 since it is not the original kernel. Has anyone had problems or could they point me to the right direction?
    - 3+ years & still no carputer!
    - Done collecting parts
    - Currently planning setup

You don't want SP1 anyway...everything takes forever to load...
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

really i have a xp disc with the sp1 ... built in and it seems just the same to me ...
      WINNER!!!!
      run-on sentance comp 2002!!
      :)

Comment

me too it fixed ALL KINDS of problems I was having

Comment

I believe the boot image is just a resource inside a system file, so yeah, you may run into problems. Give it a shot though.. the way service packs work is they just copy over system files, they dont do 'patching' per se.

Also, make sure you didn't install WinXP with a CD-KEY that started with FCKGW.... trust me. (-:

Comment

It's not that it doesn't fix problems, it's that there is a known problem with the time it takes to load certain apps. I have noticed a big difference in the time it takes to load apps...

Just my two cents...
            Aura MR62 (F and R)
            My Current MP3s
            IamDefiler.com

Comment

Originally posted by datum

Also, make sure you didn't install WinXP with a CD-KEY that started with FCKGW.... trust me. (-:
              And if you did just change the key!

Comment

the reason for the upgrade to upgrade was to get other programs to work, like myhtpc for the tv tuner card unless i can just install those essential files w/o installin sp1
                - 3+ years & still no carputer!
                - Done collecting parts
                - Currently planning setup

Comment

Working...
                X