Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Zip-Lock?

Title says it all.

probably the same thing that happened to others. life got in the way..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

I remember asking him a couple years back. He didn't really want to say but it seems that there were idea differences between him and a couple of other key people. He didn't really like the direction the forums were taking, but felt like he no longer had any real power to do anything about it.

This may not be accurate, as it's been quite a while and my memory is foggy at best.
      Tidder

Try RevFE
      The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
        I remember asking him a couple years back. He didn't really want to say but it seems that there were idea differences between him and a couple of other key people. He didn't really like the direction the forums were taking, but felt like he no longer had any real power to do anything about it.

This may not be accurate, as it's been quite a while and my memory is foggy at best.
        Oh the gossip. Sooner or later, everyone needs to go do something new - it's a part of life, that was all.

We hear that he is doing well and he just got married this weekend.
        Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
        • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
        • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
        • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
        • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

EDIT: I'll be a big boy here and stop. I brought with me what I thought were factual statements since they didn't pass through multiple people. Apparently I was wrong, but don't need to be implicated as a liar.
          Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

Oh, the drama.

Heather, I honestly believe you don't know the real story here.

I would ultimately like to see Nate & Rob both share their versions of "what happened", but I also know that won't happen.
            It would surely get ugly, and I am sure Heather & Rob both know that.

Let's just say that there is some unpleasantness surrounding Zip-Lock's departure.
            Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
            How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
              Oh, the drama.
              Word.

And no, not calling anyone a liar.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Comment

Well, where I come from gossip only comes from liars. You could see how I could have taken that wrongly.

EDIT: Moved to off-topic.
                Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

But i would appreciate if this stuff was not discussed on the forums bc I cannot respond..way too litigious. Both Rob and I cannot discuss why any employee leaves mp3Car, or why FEs and their developers fall off the face of the earth. (No matter how much we would like to )

Cannot imagine what you all will think when I leave~

Comment

I'd just figure you fell for a 21 year old rockstar and said to hell with all this technical ****.

EDIT: Age correction... gotta be at least old enough to drink or where's the fun.
                    Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder View Post
                      I'd just figure you fell for a 21 year old rockstar and said to hell with all this technical ****.

EDIT: Age correction... gotta be at least old enough to drink or where's the fun.
                      Age limit is only 18 (or 19 in some provinces) in the great white north...
                      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Who is Zip-Lock though? Was this someone before my time?

PS: Gossip doesn't mean liar...... I just means you talk about someone but turn it into a big deal, or you find out something about someone or something and spread it around till it turns into drama.

Now if you mean National Inquirer type gossip, then yes thats lying, lol.
                        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                          Who is Zip-Lock though? Was this someone before my time?
                          he was around when you started but left shortly after.
                          mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
                          Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
                          Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

OK, I cant even recall him..... At first I thought you guys were talking about some kind of program for the PC.

I Binged it, is it Nat Wilson? He was the Co Founder of MP3Car?
                            Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                            4X MK808b
                            3x Perixx Touchpads
                            3x 7 inch Screens
                            1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Correct.

Yeah, back in... '98 I do believe. Before there was an actual forum there was more of a wiki-style mp3car website with a couple of members on there. They could list the car, pc, display type, os, software, pics, etc. Then they moved to a forum shortly after. I'm almost inclined to say that this was even before Rob was a part it all, but c'mon, that was 11 years ago, I can't remember who all was there. It slowly evolved into a pretty good wealth of knowledge and then climbed into the commercial realm. They would sell a couple of things from time to time, do reviews of some neat bleeding edge hardware. They are one of the reasons I bought a Neo Jukebox looooong ago. Bad firmware update and went back to a CarPC.

You may be wondering how I know if I joined in 2003... well I was on the original site back in 99 or 2000, got my dos box all set up with mpxplay and mpxf. Called it good there, it worked fine for me for years and had no desire to do anything more with it. I was feeling all nostalgic one day and decided to jump back on only to find a vBulletin had taken over. So I joined up and started causing trouble.

EDIT: Year correction to the best of my knowledge.
                              Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

Working...
                              X