Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best mp3 player that is NOT an apple product?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best mp3 player that is NOT an apple product?

Looking to buy a new mp3 player ... but I'm also looking to avoid apple products. I am looking for some reviews, and reasons why they like a specific mp3 player.

off the top of my head, zune is the next best-- a couple apple-opposed buddies have them and like them. i have a old creative zen that also worked ok, but really, they are all about the same, just a different interface to access the media..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

+1 for zune. I have the old 1st gen 30GB zune, still running strong as ever, plus a nice FM radio for when I need, I have heard great things about the Zune HD bu tI have not been able to play with one yet.

Comment

Zune HD with Zune pass i hear is pretty good. Personally I use my phone. Currently an iPhone but like you it'll be the last thing I own with an apple logo on it. Prior to that I had three windows mobile phones, all worked pretty good as MP3 players.

Comment

I have no hands-on experience, but I have heard that the Creative Zen models are good.
          I know the earlier ones would only allow media transfer using their proprietary software but I don't think that is the case now.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I quite like my Cowon i9. About the size of the iPod nano, multi format (MP3, Ogg, etc), does video, has a radio, handles album art and doesn't need any special software.
            Old Systems retired due to new car
            New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

not just an mp3 player but also a multitude of functions... look at Archos devices
              98 Chevy Astro AWD

1969 Cadillac Deville

2009 HHR LS.... DEAD PROJECT!!

'97 Seville STS - SOLD ~_~

Comment

Sansa Clip+
                It has an FM tuner, micro SD slot, simple design. Not an Jobs/app|e product

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0321981
                Last edited by TruckinMP3; 03-09-2011, 05:02 PM. Reason: wiki links should be optional
                TruckinMP3
                D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

sansas have survived 1+ years with 9 and 10 year old daughters. easy to transfer music

Comment

wut about considering iriver or samsung? I like these two...

Comment

Originally posted by MindDrive View Post
                      not just an mp3 player but also a multitude of functions... look at Archos devices
                      archos is def the new device to get. theyre running off the android operating system so you can view any website with flash and pretty much get all the apps offered on the android market. the zune is good as a mp3 player but unfortunately thats its downfall as well since thats really all it can do. check out the archos players. http://www.archos.com/products/ta/in...try=us&lang=en

Comment

May I ask why you want to avoid apple products ?
                        Cheyen

Comment

I think Sansa's are the best. The're really stable and have amazing sound quality then if you install rockbox it sounds even better and then does just about anything you want including adding the functionality of games. I found them to be extremely durable. I had and E200 that has been dropped in 2 or 3 large bodies of water and have not had any issues. It has been thrown across rooms. It has been bounced off a concrete floor then a wall then back to the concrete floor and slide to a stop and did the most damage it did was dislodge the battery. I later got a Sansa fuze also with rockbox that was abused just as much until it finally got a nice jolt of 12 volts @ 600 watts through the headphone jack. That made it stop playing sound and that's it. I have a friend who has the original clip and it has been abused real well too. I can't seem to convince him to let me have since he doesn't use it anymore.

And yes, I know I'm late
                          Originally posted by Lincolnman
                          Your English is fine, don't apologize. You're doing better than most Americans.

Comment

why not try some sony products.

Comment

I think, after a year, and no other posts, the person either found what they were looking for, or gave up.
                              "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
                              RevFE
                              My Shop

Comment

Working...
                              X