Ran Out of Gas Today...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran Out of Gas Today...

So i made a azz out of myself today, by runnin out of gas... I just got my old truck, 79Warlock (aka Little Red Express Truck, black version) put on the road, after 8 years of owning it. In the last month ive taken out the stock gas tank and put in a 16gal fuel cell behind the diff, added a spiffy fuel filter, MSD6AL, MSD wires, V plugs, 120ghp fuel pump and i just picked up a used intake so i can put on the 750 dbl pumper on it too. Then i get to play with the NOS that is sitting in the garage. So this is what i did today, i had to pick up sum stuff from work and since it was nice out, i decided to take my truck, instead of the work truck. got to where i need to go, but on the way back, a block from the gas station i was headin to, i ran out. at first i thought it was electrical, but then i headed to the fuel cell. i opened it up put my hand it and yuppers, bone dry. CRAP i said, walked to the station got a jerry can and walked back. fired it up and off i was... also i didnt have my guage hooked up too, so another smack to the back of my head. So has anyone else done sumthing stupid like this?

Can't say I've ever stuck my hand in my gas tank, no.

Comment

Hahahah that is hilarious. I was troubleshooting my carpc once, i was not getting any picture on the screen. I troubleshot the backlight, the inverter the power EVERYTHING, even the VGA cable was hooked up. I was stumped. One minute away from posting here for help. Low and behold I moved the mouse, and wham the screen had an image. LOL the settings were to turn off the monitor after a minute of no use. LMAO that was hilarious.
      What im curently listening to.
      My complete carpc setup

Comment

well at least you where not smoking when you stuck your hand in the tank hehe
        WINNER!!!!
        run-on sentance comp 2002!!
        :)

Comment

How about trying to set your timing without a timing light and getting it so far off your muffler explodes!

Comment

now see i used to do that all the time
            but i used a vacum gauge and pulled the dipstick out to watch the engine vibration <worked excedingly well belive it or not>

and i never blew up a muffler

sounds to me like you had the timing set wayyy after tdc
            WINNER!!!!

Comment

i never knew u could blow up a muffler. and i dont fell so stupid now, cause i own a timing light

Comment

Well, I have no fewer than 5 times run out of gas and coasted into a gas station, does that count ?
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

I was driving a heap.. once the gauge got down to 1/4 it stayed there. I had no money, I was teaching a summer school physics lab. THREE TIMES!!!! my car stopped at the same exact spot.. no gas!!!
                  aka Kumaneko
                  "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
                  Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
                  mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
                  Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

74 plymouth fury 318 smallblock <miss that car>

had some gunk in the gas tank and added a set of those glass filters you can take a apart and

and the fuel filters would always plug up everytime i went past a certain cemetary .... once during a funeral even
                    so here i am on the side of the road cleaning fuel filters while they drop some guy into the ground about 20 yards away or so oops
                    WINNER!!!!

Comment

I ran out of gas twice when i was dating this girl for about two weeks. She was not impressed.
                      GTI - Palm IIIe controlled with Radio faceplate hack for keyboard control of WinAmp w/ Vocal Genre playlist loading.
                      VW Bus - 10.4" vga lcd. Loaded with same software as above.

Comment

Yep it was way off. Just slid in a new cam and poked the distributer back in and was trying to get it started. Ran the battery dead and was jump starting off another vehicle. Would try cranking a while, get out and turn the distributer a little and try some more. Turned it some, got back in and turned the key and BOOM. Dust flew from under the truck and I looked under and the bottom of the muffler had ripped open and it was spread out flat against the bottom of the cab. The parts store wouldn't honor the lifetime warranty on it either

Comment

loool
                          usually one cranks the engine and another turns the distributor...did that yesterday btw, installing a k-jetronic Volvo turbo engine
                          -
                          My cars
                          -

Comment

well i added my fuel guage today, so now i wont run out of gas anymore i just need to find a place to mount it now, its sittin on the dash by the window. restoring a vechile is a very long process and i cant afford it either. maybe in 10 more years ill finally be done the "Brick", thats what i decided to call my truck. and the Brickputer is put on hold for a bit, till i get sum cash saved up again...

Comment

I ran out of gas on a motorway, with 10km to anything at 3 am ....
                              not funny. i had no money but one liter of karburettor (how do you spell that) alkohol. managed to get within 200 meters of my house (about 20km) on that one litre, i usually got about 5 km on the liter.

Dont think the engine really likes to run on pure alcohol for to long but i got my myself within easye walking distance of my own house (and help).

i have run out of gas about 10 times within one year. Being a student and being addicted to driving around is not a great mix. (but now im working, have moeny enough to drive around but dont have the time anymore... sort of funny)

Comment

Working...
                              X