? about efi and timing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about efi and timing

i was directed here by a member at another forum. he said you guys would be able to help.

currently i'm looking into the feasability of adding a turbo to a grand prix w/sfi 3.4dohc and, depending on the year, either an obdi or obdii data system. the biggest hurtle i foresee will be getting the stock computer to accept boost. what kind of setup and software would i need to control fuel injection and spark timing? how much?

ehrm... I think that you will find info about powering a regular home pc from the generator, not much engine talk here
    -
    My cars
    -

Comment

The stock computer will not accept boost, however, there are alternative solutions.

look here: http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

Its a home built EFI computer with a native computer control, and it can be adjusted to handel a turbo/supercharger/nitros .... etc. Just remember to check your compression ratio. Turbos dont like compression ratios over 8.5. good luck
      Monger
      ICQ-7207702
      UPDATE: I moved farther north. Now its even too cold for the deer; only moose now

Comment

thanks for the link. that's exactly what i'm looking for. anything out for timing?

and don't worry about the cr. if i go through with this project, the engine will be built up for boost.

Comment

Just read through the site that I posted earlier, they produce another product called the megaJolt. That solves your ignition problem. http://www.bgsoflex.com/mjl/mjl_edis.html

On a side note, Just got in the Haltek controller in the mail =) mmmmm 20 lbs of boost.....
          Monger
          ICQ-7207702
          UPDATE: I moved farther north. Now its even too cold for the deer; only moose now

Comment

also checkMegaSpark . You'll need to build 2 megasquirts but the others don't quite have all the bugs worked out yet.

Steve

Comment

www.gp-owners.com/forum

check the 88-96 section
              Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
              Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
              In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

Comment

Working...
              X