No announcement yet.

New guy checking in...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy checking in...

Just wanted to say hi. I'm new to the whole carputer scene. I have been doing some reading over at the Centrafuse site, and ended up coming here.

I recently Purchased a 2012 Hyundai Veloster. I really like the car so far. The stock head unit is pretty enjoyable. It is a 7" touch setup, and runs Windows CE. I was super happy to find CE in the system, but its turning out to be not as great as I was hoping. It is based on a MIPS processor, and it seems that MIPS is being less supported everyday. Thats why I started looking at carputers.

I have a lot of reading and researching to do before I dive into this. I want to know what all I can do, and what all I will lose on my stock setup. Mine didn't come with NAV, so I'm going to win on that one. It does have XM built in, so I want to see if I can retain my stock XM antenna. I would love to be able to run an OBDII app on Centrafuse, so that is a plus. I think for the head unit facia, I might have to make my own, but that is ok.

I think your off to a good start. Research is exactly where you should start. Centrafuse has worked out great for me.

Good luck to you.