An interesting concoction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting concoction

An interesting combination of "new" and "old" http://www.eliseusa.com/rotary.htm
    -Nick

black!?!?!?

why isnt it polished metal like the rest of them...

~Mike
    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

because it has been in an accident. When DeLoreans get into an accident, the protective coating on the stainless steel gets rubbed off where the impact occurred. At this point you have 2 options: paint it or let it rust.

anytime you see a painted DeLorean, its been in an accident
      Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
      Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
      I'M DEBT FREE!!
      I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

I'm not sure that thing about the coating is necessarily true. I've seen DeLoreans that have been in accidents, and the owner simply took the panels to someone familiar with working with stainless steel and had the panels straightened and refinished. Stainless steel is rust proof because of an oxide layer that forms on it, protecting it from corrosion. Many owners have used sandpaper to buff out scratches on their cars, and there was never any incident of removing a 'coating' by doing this. Not all painted DeLoreans have been in accidents, either, but painting them is not cheap, since stainless steel requires a special primer.

Comment

from the small video clip looks to me like it would be a kick to drive
          change the twin turbos to a nice bigger one do a few more trix and oooh wow even better
          WINNER!!!!
          run-on sentance comp 2002!!
          :)

Comment

Man, that's bad ***. With a little tweaking they could easily get another 200HP from that tri-rotor.

Wait until the RX-7 nut on this board sees this. (and you know who I'm talking about. )
            Aura MR62 (F and R)
            My Current MP3s
            IamDefiler.com

Comment

"Stainless steel is rust proof because of an oxide layer that forms on it, protecting it from corrosion"

hmmm i thought that stainless stell wsa "stainless" because it had sweet F.A. iron in it. The iron oxidises and that is what we call rust (iron oxide).

hmmm a quick google tells me your right

http://chemistry.about.com/library/weekly/aa071201a.htm
              stupid quote # 1 : "i dont do drugs , i only ever smoke pot when i'm coming down" , Me , 6 september , 2001.

Comment

Working...
              X