Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Website

Hey all-

Just wanted to let you all know about my new website MP3Stang.net . It dosnet have a whole lot of conent regarding the carputer yet. Most of it is in the photo gallery. Please check it out and let me know what you all think. I will be changing the theme soon and am looking for some cool mustang logo's. If any of you photoshop people want to play around and make me a logo, i would appreciate it.

WARNING: This is still hosted off of a buisness cable line, so it may be a bit slow, bear with me. Thanks!
    90% Done
    60W DC-DC & shutdown controller
    Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup
    Rockfors 400s 400W amp,2x 10" Rockford Subs, Sony CDX M730 Head unit
    All in a shiny White 2000 V6 Mustang
    Click here to visit my NEW PhotoAlbum

I'm guessing it's the 'Click here to visit my PhotoAlbum' site? If not, can you toss up a link? Also, that photoalbum link doesn't load
    1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

I second the motion presented. Your photoalbum did not load for me as well.
      What im curently listening to.
      My complete carpc setup

Comment

me <----- stupid i forgot a link to the new site, sorry. the link to the photo album is my old site, i will change it now

www.MP3Stang.net
        90% Done
        Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup

Comment

Yes, it wasn't just me that couldn't load the Photoalbum A 8Mbps DSL Line doesn't help when you have ****ty switches..

It's a Nuke. I saw that with out scrolling past the top pane. Sorry, I can't respect a Nuke no matter what the content is. You really need to get a better backend. Check out HotScripts :: PHP for some stuff, or get seperate scripts to do it (Once again, HotScripts has them)

Lookie, even an entire Content Mangement section!! Just don't touch the Nukes!
          1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Whats wrong with nuke. Granted I havnt scustomized it much yet (havnt had time). Its powerfull, easy to administrate, tons of support, tons of plugins, etc. I just dont see how its any different than the other content management tools you linked to. But I am new at the web site thing, so maybe you could point out some more specific shortcommings of Nuke, I may just switch.
            90% Done

Comment

It's a really weak backend, and EVERY Nuke looks the same. You can't change that. If you want your site to look like your own, stay away from a Nuke. If you want it to look professional, no Nuke. I am a 3 year web site veteran, and have been on both sides of this war. I used the Nuke for a month while developing my own backend (v1.0) and since using my own, I have had it do what I want it to do, no bloated ****. I would recommend using just a simple news script and image gallery script. For what you are doing, I think it might be enough.

I personally don't like per-made Content Managers of any type, because they all look the same. My own CM, TSSCM (Th3 Sp0t Software Content Manager) is one that I wrote so it's 100% custom to my needs, but also is easily customizable to anyone else’s needs (If they know PHP ) I wrote my code so that others could figure it out and modify it as well.
              1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

I wish I had the time to program an entire backend for myself. But I dont (not right now). Plus ad d the fact that I am horrible with graphics and layout design and a pre-packeged content mangement system is about perfect for my needs. In addition to the news and photo gallery, I will be adding several other components. Hopefully after I get to the time to do some of my own customizations and write some modules I need, it wont look so nuke-like. Thats one of the things I would like to get away from. Thanks for your input, but for now, Nuke meets my needs without much hassle.
                90% Done

Comment

Well, if you like Nuke, use it. But customize it a lot to make it nicer to the user You can probably find someone who will do free/cheap graphics work for you. I paid for my original design (Check the WWW link for my site) and since then have modified it myself and I have am aspiring graphics artist on staff and he helps me a little with stuff that I can't handle.
                  1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Originally posted by SiGmA_X
                    Well, if you like Nuke, use it. But customize it a lot to make it nicer to the user You can probably find someone who will do free/cheap graphics work for you...
                    Thats the plan. I have a friend who has said that he will help me customize the look of the site. He's gonna do the graphics work and I will do the coding. The only problem is that hes in Kansas City and I'm in Omaha, but we will both be in Lincoln in a few months. Keep checking back and you might see a few pleasent changes.
                    90% Done

Comment

My graphics people are international One of them in in Califorina, and he is the current guy to help me out. My PHP team is all based out of Portland Oregon. I (Of course) do most of the coding, but once we get the CVS server set up again on TSS's server (www.th3sp0t.com) we will all be working on it more. I have 3 TSS coders, and 2 independant people who do a little work for me for free because they like helping open source and all
                      1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Working...
                      X