Looking for a Small laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Small laptop

im looking for a small laptop i will be using at university and also when im on the road and stuff. Looking for like a 500mhz + model, wondering if anyone has one they want to get ride of, or if anyone knows a good model they could let me know, so i can hunt one down myself,

thanks
    http://austmp3car.tk

Those VAIOs are pretty small and reasonably durable.
    Don't Click

Comment

Dell has a few small ones (2.3lbs?) and Toshiba always has had small ones.. I am looking at a Dell for college now vs a Toshiba, becuase the Toshiba packs a LOT less power then the dell, in more weight. This is new, the Toshiba had always been a lot smaller then Dell or anyone else up until this year. Sony MIGHT have been about the same as Toshiba, I never looked at them..
      1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

but Toshibas dont break, and dells do.

I was in a fraternity and 23 guys had dell laptops and 22 of them had to call tech support to have something replaced within a year. That last guy went 15 months before his keyboard started screwing up and now he uses a desktop keyboard because he didnt get the 3 year service agreement.

I have had 3 toshibas in the last 5 years and the only problem I ever had with any of them was that the power brick on one of them got hit by lightning.

Dell laptops SUCK. They have great customer service because the get A LOT of practice.
        Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
        Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
        I'M DEBT FREE!!
        I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC
          but Toshibas dont break, and dells do.

I was in a fraternity and 23 guys had dell laptops and 22 of them had to call tech support to have something replaced within a year. That last guy went 15 months before his keyboard started screwing up and now he uses a desktop keyboard because he didnt get the 3 year service agreement.

I have had 3 toshibas in the last 5 years and the only problem I ever had with any of them was that the power brick on one of them got hit by lightning.

Dell laptops SUCK. They have great customer service because the get A LOT of practice.
          My parents each have Dell laptops, and my dad has a LOT of problems and my mom has none. I never have had a problem with them (Outside watching my dad's laptop die.. Might be his fault ) and none of my clients nor my office have ever had problems with them..
          1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Dell has two different lines, the inspiron suck, the lattitude are nice. I had to support a bunch of salesmen on latitudes, had one noisy fan and one bad hdd. The Lat C400 is nice, I picked up one myself. The worst laptops I have ever had to support are Sony, most propritayr, 50% in warranty failure and they lost about 50% of the ones we sent back. Toshiba has two lines as well, some are made by toshiba, some are made by someone else. The non toshiba are nothing but problems.

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC

But they employ Monkeys to repair them.
              I know, I was working on the Dell europe repair contract for an outside contractor.

I was asked if I had ever opened I PC. When I said I had built a few, I was given a job, then put on Laptop repair (having never had a laptop apart before), given a tool back, and told in an 8 hour shift we have to repair approx 10 machines average to get the team to meet targets.

I and 4 others from the 25 strong team (2 shifts) were the most experienced. some of them had barely gotten away from troop grooming.

One guy managed to drill through the motherboard on regular occasions, because he wouldn't keep any kind of sustem of which screw went where, and they were all different lengths.

Another wouldn't diagnose, he would take it apart, look see what the tech advise sheet said, swap that part, then send it to soak test. he could complete 15 machines in a session, but I would see about 8 of his returned from soak each day, becuase they were still showing the same fault, or even different ones like memory failure, because he had put it back together shoddily.
              4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Working...
              X