wanna get into building computers...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanna get into building computers...

i'm curious to know how people here learned how to put computers together, and create custom cases, and become proficient in dealing with software so well. i know it's a lot of research, but i'd like to know what good sites are out there or if any good books are out there as well. i wanna put together custom cases together for my friends if they want to put carpurters in as well.
    project: built, updating software
    comp: 1.67 ghz AMD, 1 gig of ram, 80 gb hd
    software: nlited xp, roadrunner
    screen: TM-701L touchscreen
    bluetooth keyboard
    Sony Xplod cdx-m630
    SB MP3 sound card
    future: gps with and navigation software

i'm curious to know how people here learned how to put computers together, and create custom cases, and become proficient in dealing with software so well. i know it's a lot of research, but i'd like to know what good sites are out there or if any good books are out there as well. i wanna put together custom cases together for my friends if they want to put carpurters in as well.

Comment

custom cases? do what I do, sit there and stare at your comp long enough. "How can I make it smaller?" then ~~>

learning about computers? well Ive personally been making my own stuff since 1990. Honestly its the easiest thing you can learn, take your comp and tear it apart... go have fun
      Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Originally posted by samc
        custom cases? do what I do, sit there and stare at your comp long enough. "How can I make it smaller?" then ~~>

learning about computers? well Ive personally been making my own stuff since 1990. Honestly its the easiest thing you can learn, take your comp and tear it apart... go have fun
        I second that. but use someone elses puter...
        Aura MR62 (F and R)
        My Current MP3s
        IamDefiler.com

Comment

http://www.buildyourowncomputer.net/learntobuild.html

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/...tml?tw=archive

http://www.motherboards.org/articles...des/924_1.html

+ =

astral
          This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by Defiler
            I second that. but use someone elses puter...
            And I second that!
            -
            My cars
            -

Comment

Re: wanna get into building computers...

Originally posted by cubanmoses
              If you have patience it's not too hard. I don't know a lot about computers and have never seen the inside of one until last year. I recently built a new computer and am hacking up the old computer's case case and moving the CD and hard drives around to make it smaller for my vehicle.

I agree with taking one apart then putting it back together. I started to learn on my own computer, but my dad's was not too far away, if I ran into trouble. Then once you learn about all of the parts inside and what they do, it will take about 20 minutes to put together from scratch once you get all of your parts together.
              Blazer Xtreme: The PITA MP3 Car.
              240SX Fastback: SR20DET motor swap.

Comment

If you have patience it's not too hard. I don't know a lot about computers and have never seen the inside of one until last year. I recently built my own computer and am hacking up the old case and moving the CD and hard drives around to make it smaller for my vehicle.

I agree with taking one apart the putting it back together. I started to learn on my own computer, but my dad's was not too far away, if I ran into trouble. Then once you learn about all of the parts inside and what they do, it will take about 20 minutes to put together from scratch once you get all of your parts together.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyBoy
                  Blazer Xtreme: The PITA MP3 Car.
                  240SX Fastback: SR20DET motor swap.

Comment

ADMIN PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BOARD GET OVERRUN WITH THESE FRIGGIN' BOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Aura MR62 (F and R)
                    My Current MP3s
                    IamDefiler.com

Comment

Originally posted by Defiler
                      ADMIN PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BOARD GET OVERRUN WITH THESE FRIGGIN' BOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      there's only one...

Comment

Originally posted by bgoodman
                        there's only one...
                        Its still anoying as hell, I realize that it will be cool once you get it working, but for now can you please turn it of or uninstall it?
                        90% Done
                        60W DC-DC & shutdown controller
                        Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup
                        Rockfors 400s 400W amp,2x 10" Rockford Subs, Sony CDX M730 Head unit
                        All in a shiny White 2000 V6 Mustang
                        Click here to visit my NEW PhotoAlbum

Comment

why dont u look into getting an A+ certification.
                          Or just buy an A+ book. The easiest thing to do is play and just get inside a computer.. thats how i started and i am a computer programmer and also have network admin duties.

Comment

Originally posted by GuRuGoD
                            Its still anoying as hell, I realize that it will be cool once you get it working, but for now can you please turn it of or uninstall it?
                            true, it's no fun anymore
                            -
                            My cars
                            -

Comment

Working...
                            X