My dream car finally came :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dream car finally came :)

It finally got here on July 30th in all of its stainless steel glory...have a look. Not sure about mp3car plans yet

Click here

I got 2 words for you....you bastard!!

This has also been my dream car for like ages. But i'm getting my other dream car next weekend...a 1967 Ford Anglia 105E (the one used in the Harry Potter film)

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

Haha, your car looks like a micro-machine scaled up

Comment

any plans for a flux capacitor?

Comment

Yep If you take a look at my album list on that site; in one of the albums I'm collecting reference pictures to build one. It seems all of the original models were stolen by employees at Universal so the only ones "left" are replicas and unfortunately there is a lot of discrepancy between them. Some think the "Y-tubes" are christmas lights, some think they are glass vacuum tubes with LEDs behind them. I"m gonna try to build the most accurate one I can. It might be cool if i could make a version that could allow high voltage arcs through the Y tubes Aaron, any help here?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMatty
            Yep If you take a look at my album list on that site; in one of the albums I'm collecting reference pictures to build one. It seems all of the original models were stolen by employees at Universal so the only ones "left" are replicas and unfortunately there is a lot of discrepancy between them. Some think the "Y-tubes" are christmas lights, some think they are glass vacuum tubes with LEDs behind them. I"m gonna try to build the most accurate one I can. It might be cool if i could make a version that could allow high voltage arcs through the Y tubes Aaron, any help here?
            Take a look at the forum linked by a post made last week here, he's done an almost perfect Pt1 (as in the very original one, when Doc Brown shows him right at the start) replica.

So, that's been done...so you could do a middle of Pt1 replica (ie with alarm clock/lightning hook etc) or a Pt2 (Mr Fusion etc) or Pt3 (1955 electronics on the bonnet)....take your pick!

Garry
            Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
            www.aimee.cc

Comment

so when are ya gonna do the caddy northstar swap?

hehe
              maybe then it can get up to 88 mph
              WINNER!!!!
              run-on sentance comp 2002!!
              :)

Comment

That is one sweet car. At one point in my life it was my fav. car too. Lots of luck with it...
                Aura MR62 (F and R)
                My Current MP3s
                IamDefiler.com

Comment

I hope you don't plan on driving that..... there isn't a work to describe up unreiable they are
                  -- WireSix, Inc. --
                  MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

I've driven it about 200 miles so far with no issue. The previous owner replaced the whole fuel system front to back, all of the fuses and relays, and had the cooling system upgraded with a heavy-duty radiator. Did you own one that was unreliable? I'd agree with you that they are high maintenance, but right now I'm having more problems with my 1998 Malibu than I am with my DeLorean

Matt

Originally posted by techm3
                    I hope you don't plan on driving that..... there isn't a work to describe up unreiable they are

Comment

So, I'm gonna build this flux capacitor...does anyone know what these little glass things are? The guy who built his own back to the future delorean said they are 'vacuum tubes,' yet I talked to a guy at an electronic surplus store, and showed him these pictures and he said they are actually vacuum switches. In any case, I need 3

http://openshoebox.com/images/39459 (notice the glass-looking tubes
                      laying there)

http://openshoebox.com/images/39456 (Another shot up closer)

Comment

I remember looking at this for something to do (ie. bored), you can get the whole LED displays, the original coffee grinders can still be found on ebay, and people run off the Mr Fusion logo. (but then you knew that...)
                        Reallly cool!

Comment

Originally posted by techm3
                          I'm sorry, but what exactly are you basing this information on? All your first-hand DeLorean experience, I presume?

The DMC-12, like ANY 20 year old car, will have some issues. This does not make them unreliable. In fact, considering the whole "DeLorean process", the car is a marvel of engineering. Sure, there are some flaws, but you must remember that we are talking about a car that went from concept to full production (including a new factory, and one of the first robotic production lines) in 3 years! The PRV-6 engine used has been a design that Volvo has used for 20 years as well, and up until a few years ago, was still the basis of new Volvo engines.

Yes, if you take a 20 year neglected DeLorean and compare it with a new Honda Civic, it will be unreliable. But a DeLorean that has been properly taken care of, with teh updates applied, will be no more unreliable then any other car. Perhaps even, much more reliable then other "exotics" of any vintage due to the industry standard parts used.

SuperMatty: Great to hear that you have your car! Unfortunately, I spent my DeLorean money on the Insight, so it will still be a few years before I'm driving one of my own...One thing to ask though: please, please don't build a flux capacitor. It undermines the whole car. I'm trying to convince a local owner NOT to do a BTTF conversion to his car...
                          Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
                          Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
                          "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Cake
                            One thing to ask though: please, please don't build a flux capacitor. It undermines the whole car.
                            seconded to a point, do it but make sure everything is removable
                            [H]4 Life
                            My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                            It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                            I'm a lesbian too.
                            I am for hire!

Comment

I believe you should leave the car uncut in stock appearance also. I had the privilege of driving a DeLorean once (while it was in the shop with electrical problems) it was defiantly an experience, It attracted almost as much attention as my 1966 VW bus did. Was actually a reasonable machine IMO. Nothing super (except gull wing doors and Stainless Steel) but a fine automobile none the less.
                              2002 Golf TDI With Phatbox . Blue 87 Supra Needs to go, Grey 89 Targa with stock Radio.

Comment

Working...
                              X