My "Dead" Xbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "Dead" Xbox

My xbox recently had a software crash (Error 21) and MS says it'd cost less to buy a new one than fix it. Any suggestions on what to use my xbox for?
    Car: 2006 Scion tC (Buying)
    CPU: AOpen Pandora/1.5 Cel M/1GB DDR2/Ipod Vid
    Screen: Lilliput 7"
    Power: Carnetix 1900
    GPS: Deluo GPS
    Software: nLiteXP, RR, IG, PhoCo
    XM: XM Direct
    http://www.chrispuckett.com/mp3car/

Originally posted by Nobias
    My xbox recently had a software crash (Error 21) and MS says it'd cost less to buy a new one than fix it. Any suggestions on what to use my xbox for?
    Well if you can still get it to run, i know there are alot of people out there that are trying to get it to run Linux.. could turn into a fun project box.

Comment

I saw a picture of a mini-itx built into an X box.
      Not sure why you would want to do that.
      Stop Buying New Music CD's.
      Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

You can use the controllers with a PC.
        My Setup

Comment

Originally posted by Nobias
          perhaps this may be of help.
          http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/error21.php

i mean, since your are basically admitting that your xbox is FUBAR'ed, you might as well give this a try...

and if it doesnt work, you can always send it to me so i can screw around with it, and make it into a toaster or something

~Mike
          Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
          PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
          2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

If its your bios then you can buy a modchip and flash the bios....that would get it working AND you would be able to put games/movies/mp3s ect ect on your xbox....thats what i got,

120gb xecuter moded w/fan XBOX
            with xmediaplayer(plays movies,mp3s and pics)
            a lot of emulators ect ect ect and a lot more crap but im too lazy to write it out, it actually does everything i want it to do, even when the music is playing it has a visual thing like in winamp....so i guess it can be used as a carputer too

Comment

Yes, I say go with the mod chip. The XBox absolutely rules with it modded. You can do/run pretty much anything with it!!
              OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
              www.whipflash.com
              Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

Working...
              X