What should i do with this system...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should i do with this system...

Hey everyone, ok im talking about my audio/sub situation. OK well i have a rockford fosgate 700s, 1400watt max output amp. Ok well I had a fosgate 15" hx2 running on that amp about 2 months ago until i found out the sub was messed up. Everything was good except the person that sold it to me sold it for a reason, evertime the sub hit it would sound like my spare tire was jumping, to make a long story short it was the subs voice coil hitting the sub. Well so i got rid of that sub, and it was soooooooo awesome sounding so i wanted to get another one, but my friend had these mtx 6000's for a good price so i bought them. SO I now have 2 15" MTX 6000's in my civic and it bumps hard but it seems like the fosgate bumped cleaner and lower, and maybe even HARDER then those 2 15"S. WELL now im making a custom fiberglass box for my trunk that is taking up my entire trunk up, and my friend has 2 more of the same subs that he will sell to me. So I now have to make a decision(cuz im making my fiberglass box custom for the subs, need to know which to get) should i just get the 2 15"s from my friend(btw there 8 ohm so my amp can handle it) OR should i sell the ENTIRE system and buy 2 Rockford fosgate HX2 15" subs and a Fosgate bd1500 amp? MAN those fosgates sounded good, and being puched by a bd1500.....damn would make me nut,lol. SOOO what do you think, what should i get? If i do end up going with the fosgate subs and bd1500 then that would probably cost be around $700(amp and 2 15"s). So if I sold those 2 mtx 6000's and my current amp(the amp has a 2 year bestbuy warranty) I could probably get around $450, so only $250 more for the fosgate system. If anyone has any questions just ask, i know i babbled a lot and prob made it confusing. Thanks everyone !
    -Seabass

Ok to make it a little simpler Ill just list the 2 systems and you tell me which one i should go with

4 15" Mtx 6000's(8 ohm) running off 700s Rockford Fosgate amp(1400watt max and rated at 800watts RMS)

OR

2 15" Rockford Fosgate HX2's running off a Rockford Fosgate BD-1500(1500 Watts RMS)

Comment

ever hear of a savings account...

Sorry. I couldn't resist.
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

Forget savings.....thats AFTER college :-D

Comment

between those two systems i'd choose the Fosgates, quality is obviously better.
          But if I were you really, I'd get myself two 10" and one 15". Sound would be so much better.
          Current Status: For Sale

Specs
          - 1.5Ghz Toshiba Laptop (available - no screen)
          - Indash Motorized 7" VGA TS
          - DeLorme GPS (sold)
          - Power Inverter (sold)
          - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by carabuser
            between those two systems i'd choose the Fosgates, quality is obviously better.
            But if I were you really, I'd get myself two 10" and one 15". Sound would be so much better.
            ...and run it off the bd1500?

Comment

nah, probably get two smaller amps

Specs
              - DeLorme GPS (sold)
              - Power Inverter (sold)
              - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

But the thing is i listen to 95% rap...............

Comment

Ok, then you can go w/ 2 15"s and 2 10"s
                  Gonna be loud as hell - plus very nice sound.

Specs
                  - DeLorme GPS (sold)
                  - Power Inverter (sold)
                  - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

now THAT would be expensive, lol. I can get those 2 Hx2's for about $300 with shipping and tax......but the 2 10's would run me at around close to another $200....

Why do you think the 2 10"s would make it sound so much better...and wouldnt i have to get 2 decent amps then...that would prob be over my budget...

Comment

sorry, got caught in moment of thinking of a nice system, forgot about price.

I think w/ 10's it'll be better cuz w/ just the speakers and 15's you kind of lose the kicking sound, so 10's would fill in there.

But with the choices you have now, go with Fosgates. If you can go w/ higher quality, do that. and then, when you get some cash, just get some 10's. Or even one GOOD (read: expensive, high wattage) 10 will do it

Specs
                      - DeLorme GPS (sold)
                      - Power Inverter (sold)
                      - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

Sounds good :-D

Do you think the bd1500 would be good or overkill?
                        The subs are 600watts rms a piece and this beast(bd1500) throws out 1500watts rms, and you know rf underrates their ****.....maybe a bd1000 would be more suitable?

Comment

Well, it gives out 1500watts rms at how many ohms? if its 4, then I assume it would be alrite, just wire the subs into 8 ohm load and the amp will be giving out about half, so that should come out to 750 a piece(am I calculating correctly?). Which is almost what they need. Turn it down a little, and you should be ok.

Specs
                          - DeLorme GPS (sold)
                          - Power Inverter (sold)
                          - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

1500 at 2 ohms, [email protected] ohms......

Comment

if it's 750 @ 4, then you should be fine
                              how about the subs? DVC, 4ohm each voice coil? isn't it?

Specs
                              - DeLorme GPS (sold)
                              - Power Inverter (sold)
                              - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X