Don't drop your custom Plexi Case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't drop your custom Plexi Case

Today, as I was taking my carputer out of my trunk for some maintanence, I set it on the roof of my car, and when I slammed the trunk lid, my custom-cased carputer slid off my roof and crashed to the ground. Every joint that was epoxied together seperated I have yet to fire it back up yet, I wanted to fix the case first, but wish me luck

Oh Well, Life goes on.
    My OLD Carputer: http://www.mp3car.com/node/18137
    Currently, Don't have a carputer :( I sold my lincoln and bought a '93 Acura Vigor, plan on putting a carputer in it one of these days. You can see my vigor at: This Site

Originally posted by MeanGT
    Today, as I was taking my carputer out of my trunk for some maintanence, I set it on the roof of my car, and when I slammed the trunk lid, my custom-cased carputer slid off my roof and crashed to the ground. Every joint that was epoxied together seperated I have yet to fire it back up yet, I wanted to fix the case first, but wish me luck

Oh Well, Life goes on.
    DOH!!!
    that totally sucks. i bet it happened in slow motion...

best of luck to you in the rebuild... hope nothing computer related was damaged.

~Mike
    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

I left a custom fiberglass panel that I made between the seat of my truck and had my amprack on a prop. I accidently knocked over the prop and the 15lb rack slammed on my fg panel and shattered it. I spent 5 days re-glassing and repairing and repainting it. After I got it all done, I was walking and it accidently slip out of my hand and drop right on the tip of my shoes as I was taking a step. It didnt break but as it landed right on the tip of the shoe I kicked it. It slid accross the floor and stopped right in front of a car's tire track as my coworker was pulling in the bay. The worst had happened. He ran it over. I spent the next week rebuilding the panel from scratch AGAIN. So dont feel bad. It has happened to other people too.
      NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
      If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

DOH!!!
        I might be trying to make a custom plexi case at the weekend...will try not to drop it

cproaudio,
        DASM! How unlucky can someone get!

Garry
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

I really pity you dude. If I do a plex case I would be making it as panels for a mini Atx case, I just don't trust plastic... just doesn't do it for me. CLASSIC NOT PLASTIC
          http://iamnot.azn.nu

Comment

Working...
          X