Grounding questions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grounding questions.

Ill be running 3 amps in my setup and the carputer. Now if I have 2 amps in the back and the pc and the other amp in the front, should it be okay since there will be 2 grounding points.

BTW the amp in the front is 50 watts max 25 rms it is for the center channel. And about 675 watts rms in the rear.
    - 3+ years & still no carputer!
    - Done collecting parts
    - Currently planning setup

yes it will be fine, if you think about it you are grounding them to your cars metal from which is grounded to the battery. basically they are grounded at the same place. I would make sure they are nice solid unpainted grounds though
    92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

Originally posted by guitar333
      yes it will be fine, if you think about it you are grounding them to your cars metal from which is grounded to the battery. basically they are grounded at the same place. I would make sure they are nice solid unpainted grounds though
      Ive read other threads to make sure that your grounding points are the same spot. So four wires 1 grounding point or 2 and 2...
      - Done collecting parts

Comment

you'll probably be ok with amps. I think the big problem is if you use an inverter and if you have two many ground points you get a bad ground loop.
        '98 Explorer Sport
        http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
        AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
        80% done

Comment

Originally posted by hijinks21
          you'll probably be ok with amps. I think the big problem is if you use an inverter and if you have two many ground points you get a bad ground loop.
          Ill be runnning an opus.
          - Done collecting parts

Comment

You should be fine. The only time you have to really worry about single point grounding is when you are gettting alternator whine. If it is an issue then I would say check your grounds and then maybe go to a single point for the ground if that doesn't fix it.
            Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

ya he shouldn't get alternator whine with an opus though.. At least i hope not
              '98 Explorer Sport
              http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
              AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
              80% done

Comment

Working...
              X