PayPal Poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Poll

Iím doing a research paper for one of my classes and Iím trying to collect some non-scientific research data on PayPal. Which one of these statements fits you the best?
    I have a PayPal account and donít mind using it.
    86.11%
    I have a PayPal account but prefer not to use it.
    8.33%
    I donít have a PayPal account.
    4.17%
    I donít want a PayPal account because I donít like PayPal for some reason.
    1.39%
    I donít know what PayPal is.
    0.00%

it feels like a bit more secure than using the visa directly
    -
    My cars
    -

Comment

Originally posted by Zip-Lock
      Iím doing a research paper for one of my classes and Iím trying to collect some non-scientific research data on PayPal. Which one of these statements fits you the best?
      I have a paypal account, stays at zero balance, and no I did not give them my checking account number. Unless they have changed thier terms-of-service, the terms state that if paypal goes bankrupt, the money in your account will be used to pay the creditors. I don't like throwing money away.
      Aultl
      [====---] - 65% complete
      VIA Epia 800mhz, 256Mb ram, 10Gb HD

Quote of the Month: "I see the problem, [The RAID controller] is trying to rebuild the array with good data from a failed drive." -- HP Support

Comment

Originally posted by aultl
        I have a paypal account, stays at zero balance, and no I did not give them my checking account number. Unless they have changed thier terms-of-service, the terms state that if paypal goes bankrupt, the money in your account will be used to pay the creditors. I don't like throwing money away.
        you have anything to back up that claim about the checking account???
        (i.e. a segment of the TOS ?)

~mike
        Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
        PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
        2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

I actually use them for shopping cart payments for my company.
          All in all, it's quite inexpensive in comparison to regular credit card processing companies, and it gets the job done.
          I tend to move around $500-1000/mo through paypal (in terms of payments, then into my bank account) and I've never had any problems w/them other than their quicken export feature.
          They also let you ship/track packages via ups through your recent transactions pages so you can save alot of typing.
          Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
          Mods: Yep
          Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

I've been afraid to use them for my shopping cart payments because I've heard so many horror stories about how they hold onto the money with an iron grip at a whim. What percentage do they take for business accounts?
            Don't Click

Comment

3% per transaction which is the same as most cc processing companies, except the cc processing companies charge you monthly as well
              Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
              Mods: Yep
              Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

never had a bad experience w/ paypal
                92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

Originally posted by mp3z24
                  you have anything to back up that claim about the checking account???
                  (i.e. a segment of the TOS ?)

~mike
                  http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr.../ua/ua-outside

2.1 Agency Relationship. PayPal acts as a facilitator to help you accept payments from and make payments to third parties. We act as your agent based upon your direction and your requests to use our Services that require us to perform tasks on your behalf. **PayPal will at all times hold your funds separate from its corporate funds, will not use your funds for its operating expenses or any other corporate purposes, and will _not voluntarily_ make funds available to its creditors in the event of bankruptcy or for any other purpose.** You acknowledge that (i) PayPal is not a bank and the Service is a payment processing service rather than a banking service, and (ii) PayPal is not acting as a trustee, fiduciary or escrow with respect to your funds, but is acting only as an agent and custodian.

As I stated, I have not checked the terms of service since I opened the account. I also should have been clearer about the funds i quoted, I was refering to the *paypal account* funds only. Appearently it _HAS_ changed, most likely when e-bay bought the company. I do like the new feature of the Paypal money market account where all your incomming money is put into a money market account on your behalf. I tried to convey in my original post that I may be wrong and this time I was, I have not read the Terms-of-service since I opened my acount, ~5 years ago... As you can read, if the Judge or creditor decide they want your money (paypal account), they will get it.

As far as the checking account, if anyone got your paypal password, they could wipe out your checking account, to me that is common sense not to post your cheking account info on the internet (no insults intended), and can anyone tell me they have never recieved a Paypal account update e-mail. You know, the e-mail that asks for the info that paypal would never ever ask for.
                  Aultl
                  [====---] - 65% complete
                  VIA Epia 800mhz, 256Mb ram, 10Gb HD

Quote of the Month: "I see the problem, [The RAID controller] is trying to rebuild the array with good data from a failed drive." -- HP Support

Comment

Originally posted by 00CericaRuss
                    3% per transaction
                    Not bad. I'm paying $30/month in just "account maintenance."

And Guitar333, who the hell are you? You've been here six months and all I ever see out of you is replies like "Boo hoo," "wahhhh," and "who cares you hippy, go whine to someone who cares," which you at least edited. You have the most obnoxious attitude on these forums, second only to Skinnyboy.

Go away.
                    Don't Click

Comment

Originally posted by Gutter
                      Go away.
                      -
                      My cars
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by Gutter
                        And Guitar333, who the hell are you? You've been here six months and all I ever see out of you is replies like "Boo hoo," "wahhhh," and "who cares you hippy, go whine to someone who cares," which you at least edited. You have the most obnoxious attitude on these forums, second only to Skinnyboy. Go away.
                        well... the kid is only 16.... what are you expecting.

lets just drop this and move on.

~mike
                        Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
                        PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
                        2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

I have paypal, I have a bank account tied in to it...

I run a website and sponsors send me money, usually into the paypal account. Then the host of my website will take out $x from the account every month...

works out very well!
                          XtReMoDs.com

Carputer Status (Not installed.)
                          -VIA M10000 N
                          -TM-7002S + TSK (7" LCD)
                          -512MB PC2700 DDR
                          -40GB 2.5" HD
                          -SB Live!
                          -Rand McNally GPS
                          -DLink FM Tuner
                          -XMRPC
                          _

Comment

Originally posted by mp3z24
                            lets just drop this and move on.
                            92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

"don't mind using it"?... I PREFER to use Paypal.

Comment

Working...
                              X