Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever wonder what happens to a Rotary engine @ 9000rpm without coolant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever wonder what happens to a Rotary engine @ 9000rpm without coolant?

Clicky here to find out!

Long video, but a funny one!

My fav. bit:
    What? What's that?
    Coolant, I think we've blown a coolant seal!
    <Revs back from 5k to 9k>
    Cool

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Originally posted by Confused
    http://www.efflixi.com/pop.wmv]Clicky here to find out![/URL]

Long video, but a funny one!

My fav. bit:
    What? What's that?
    Coolant, I think we've blown a coolant seal!
    <Revs back from 5k to 9k>
    Cool

Garry
    http://www.efflixi.com/pop.wmv doesnt seem to work.
    -Nick

Comment

Looks like too many views.

Bandwidth quota exceeded etc.
      4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Bandwidth limit exceeded

And I deleted it from my HDD this morning before I left for work

Will try to find it again though

Garry
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

It's a great video. Took them 10 minutes at 9K with no coolant to kill an already blown engine. Shows how strong the rotary is in reality, compared to what most people think...Try that with a V8, or those "wonderful" Honda 4-bangers.
          Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
          Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
          "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Cake
            It's a great video. Took them 10 minutes at 9K with no coolant to kill an already blown engine. Shows how strong the rotary is in reality, compared to what most people think...Try that with a V8, or those "wonderful" Honda 4-bangers.
            Word. Alot of people forget that the 13B and Renesis engine are only 1.3 liter engines.

Also, I wouldn't exactly knock on those Honda 4 bangers, the S2000's 2.0 liter engine is popping out 245hp, that's still pretty freaking impressive.

Comment

I've actually driven a 305 V8 from NY to RI with basically no coolant and it drove fine (not like it ever worked again, but thats another story), the S2000 also has very little torque, and it doesn't hit 245HP until 7000 RPM anyway, so while its getting up to 8000 in first gear i'm already gone an i do respect the rotary engine

Comment

Originally posted by Hcomplyr
                I've actually driven a 305 V8 from NY to RI with basically no coolant and it drove fine (not like it ever worked again, but thats another story), the S2000 also has very little torque, and it doesn't hit 245HP until 7000 RPM anyway, so while its getting up to 8000 in first gear i'm already gone an i do respect the rotary engine
                S2000's don't weigh 4,000 pounds like muscle cars do, they do not need torque to get up and go. I have a friend with one, believe me I would put it up against any stock or milidly modified V-8 any day.

Rotary engines are sweet, I was going to get a '93 RX-7 type RS but situations came up and money was short.
                "If the mirror aint shakin, you've been taken"

Comment

Originally posted by Hcomplyr
                  the S2000 also has very little torque, and it doesn't hit 245HP until 7000 RPM anyway, so while its getting up to 8000 in first gear i'm already gone

0-60 in 5.7 secs. You may be ahead, but I highly doubt that you'd be more than 1/2 a car length in front. Most likely, you'd be behind anyways.

Comment

anyone find a new link?
                    92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

If there's no coolant, whats smoking?
                      I like another rotary video too, anyone wanna buy some tires? :P
                      -
                      My cars
                      -

Comment

Google for pop.wmv. I found a few links that way... pretty entertaining video.

Comment

its smoking oil and left over coolent still in the engine

a little tip for you car kids out there
                          change your oil every 3000 miles
                          Originally posted by menudude
                          thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

in the search for this move I found this site with some cool evercrack movies.

http://www.unknowndomains.com/Movies/
                            Aura MR62 (F and R)
                            My Current MP3s
                            IamDefiler.com

Comment

The pop.wmv file in the link above is some video game.
                              Try this
                              http://forums.nolarides.com/index.php?showtopic=2457
                              Or
                              http://www.coronabeach.net/videos/
                              NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
                              If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X