Sony Ericsson T610

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Ericsson T610

Not sure if this is the right forum, but anyway here goes....
    Just managed to blag one of these beauties free from Vodafone- just phoned 'em up to *ahem* "migrate my number to another network".... and they put on the full-on sales pitch to make me stay....
    I phoned up intending to get the Nokia 7250i, but unfortunately they don't stock those anymore.... The guy on the phone told me about the sony's plus a few others and i told him to phone me back whilst I did some research and made my mind up. I looked at the Nokia 3650, but I think those are being phased out, and plus they're a little gimmicky in design and bulky, although I acknowledge their excellence.
    This phone's really small- much smaller than I anticipated, with a high-ish SAR output (there goes the grey matter!) with built-in camera, bluetooth, and very good battery life/talk time for such a small phone. The built-in cam and bluetooth were what really swayed it. I can't be doing with infrared/data cables or the camera dangling off a cable. The reviews I've seen for the phone are excellent, and although aesthetically it's not going to blow you away, the features more than make up for it.
    I REALLY wanted the Nokia 6600, but couldn't really justify the extra 140! Plus, they're a little on the wide side....
    Gotta wait a while yet whilst they send it to my house, but I can't wait!
    Just wondered if anyone else has got one of these and wanna share their experiences??
    Attached Files
    In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Bunny's first poo
    __ U

http://www.howardforums.com would have a ALOT of info on your questions.

Comment

I doubt you'll be disappointed with the asthetics - modern clean lines. If I didn't have a P800, that would be my first choice.

C!
      http://carpc.riposte.net
      I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

Comment

I just wondered what people made of it here that's all. I haven't seen that many small good phones with wireless connectivity et al etc....
        Well anyway, I recieved it this afteroon- barely 24 hours after I'd spoken to Vodafone! The phone looks great, and really is very small indeed. The camera's not too bad- as long as it's not too dark.... And that screen is just awesome! So bright too! Makes my Nokia 6310i look very prehistoric!
        In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")
        Bunny's first poo
        __ U

Comment

yeah I got one and I plan on getting it connected via blue tooth to my car PC some how.

Comment

Good phone - I have one alough I wish there was more memory. If you want a ring tone check for midi files - thats all polyphonics are. Re car kit... Get one of these http://www.parrot.fr - Just got mine and the Sony holder.... worth it.

119 Delivered from Amazon....

Terran
            My Project Site

Comment

MMS not working at the mo'- vodafone forgot to activate this feature. They're supposed to have done it by now, but still no joy....
              Yeah I'd definitely like a bluetooth kit, but what's this holder? Is it this one here??

In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")
              Bunny's first poo
              __ U

Comment

No its this one...

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/1867.htm

Terran
                My Project Site

Comment

Hey that's not bad- cheers for the heads up!
                  In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")
                  Bunny's first poo
                  __ U

Comment

When I update my site you should be able to see the photos off both the kit and the holder... just anit got round to it yet

Terran
                    My Project Site

Comment

My friend just got his last night and we were playing with it today. Awesome phone. It is the phone I have been planning on getting, I just need to *aquire* my mom's SSN so I can make AT&T let me switch Heh.. Switching to TMobile and getting the T610. TMobile for 2 reasons, cheaper phone, cheaper text messages ($7, 1000 vs $5, 300)
                      1993 BMW 325is - 15.2sec

Comment

Yeah you should try to get what you can out of these guys- they make an absolute fortune. I don't know how it would work over there, but second year in a row now I've just phoned up my network to enquire about taking my number elsewhere to another . Twice they ask me why, and I simply told them I wanted a new phone and saw a great deal at another place and twice I've got it for free! Getting a new phone's quite easy, but keeping the same number and same network without paying over the odds for a new handset is tricky, so if they think they're losing a customer over the cost of a 50 upgrade then for them it's not worth it... The reason I wanna keep with the same network is vodafone has the best coverage (not just in UK), and every year I get discounted line rental for my loyalty. The guy on the phone offered me 10 off the anytime 200+ 50 texts (15/month instead of 25) and I didn't even have to ask!!
                        In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(")
                        Bunny's first poo
                        __ U

Comment

We get jack and **** for loyalty, since they know if we run we cloose our investment in our equipment... maybe in a year when they let you take your phones with you as well things might change...
                          Home Page
                          New '93 R1
                          http://member.newsguy.com/~gfxfctry/...Signiature.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X