Wisdom teeth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisdom teeth

damn, getting your wisdom teeth removed sucks. i got a question for any of the people on here who've had their teeth removed, how long till eveything was normal again (I gotta know how long until i can have some real food)
    Mozilla Search Plugin

Originally posted by dellysse_com
    damn, getting your wisdom teeth removed sucks. i got a question for any of the people on here who've had their teeth removed, how long till eveything was normal again (I gotta know how long until i can have some real food)
    Blame McDonalds! - http://www.drbonomo.com/whythird.htm - Um, hang on! The real food you're talking about may be the problem!!

I'm still wise!
    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by dellysse_com
      Depends on the person. My brother and a friend of mine had to eat mush for a week. my karate instructor was eating pizza 2 days later. I've had people in my office get them out and were back at work the next day, they didn't even need the pain killers.

Comment

Originally posted by Almost a Ghost
        Depends on the person. My brother and a friend of mine had to eat much for a week. my karate instructor was eating pizza 2 days later. I've had people in my office get them out and were back at work the next day.
        Yeah, it depends on how they were growing too. All four of mine were horizontal underneath the gums, so there was a pretty sizeable gap they had to stitch. It will hurt like a couple few days (the first day you will want the good drugs), and then all you will have to contend with is the bleeding. Since it's in your mouth, and wet all the time, and can take a little longer to heal up, but it becomes more of an annoyance than painful after a couple days. Count on eating pudding and Jello and shiat (well, maybe not "shiat") for about a week.
        The ALEXIS Project
        MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
        Color Coding :
        DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

i had all of mine removed at once.. it took me about a week. My nerves were close to the teeth so it really hurt once the pain killers wore off the first few days.
          '98 Explorer Sport
          http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
          AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
          80% done

Comment

I was eating solid food a few hours later It just hurt like hell. Eating the food isnt the problem, its keeping it out of the extra space you will have in the back of your mouth it all starts to rot and nobody will want to stand near you when your talking.

Comment

Originally posted by 98explorerxlt
              I was eating solid food a few hours later It just hurt like hell. Eating the food isnt the problem, its keeping it out of the extra space you will have in the back of your mouth it all starts to rot and nobody will want to stand near you when your talking.
              yeah thats the thing you gotta worry about
              Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
              Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
              I'M DEBT FREE!!
              I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

When I got mine done I wasnt completely under so I could hear them drilling and breaking apart my teeth

Comment

All, I know is I looked like a chipmonk after and felt really high. They gave me some nice drugs. 1 - 2 weeks to heal I think.
                  SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
                  GPSing - Digital Speedo
                  Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
                  Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Well ,he tried to remove one,but he could not pull it out,tried for 40 min under local,gave up and cut the upper part of(I still have the part in the jaw left).Painkillers every 3-4 hours for the first few weeks,stop after 6 weeks(luckily I am a doctor myself,I really needed the medicine).
                    If anybody thinks that I am doing that again they are mistaken,I still have the other three left!!

Comment

Hmm , that seems odd.
                      Must be those French dentists. Good with the toungue and not the teeth.
                      SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
                      GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Originally posted by LESLIEx317537
                        All, I know is I looked like a chipmonk after and felt really high. They gave me some nice drugs. 1 - 2 weeks to heal I think.
                        Most of my friends have had relatively painless wisdom teeth removals. I on the other hand threw up as soon I woke up from the anesteia. The dentist was surprised how nautious I was and finally told my girlfriend to pick up some depositories/bullets to reduce the nautiousness. You should have seen the look on her face..."You want me to do what!?" The doctor only wanted her to pick them up for me at the drug store since I didn't know what was going on. Fortunately I didn't end up needing to use the bulless. The next day I notice my lower right extraction had the dreaded 'dry socket'/ infection. I had to take 2 vicaden every four hours for a week and it still hurt like hell. When I finally went back to the dentist they flushed the infected socket with salt water..OUCH!!! salt water on exposed infected nerve hurts like hell! It's the closest I have ever come to passing our from raw pain. That was the worst of it though...they gave me a suringe of this brown putty like stuff that I had to apply in the socket to keep the nerve from being exposed. I didn't end up eating any solid food for 10 days...good thing I like milkshakes.
                        My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

The worst is the first day. You can't swallow and you own blood is just draining down your throat. After that, it just hurts to eat for about a week. Chew very slowly and you won't have a problem. Clean out the gaps in your jaw after every meal to keep them from filling up with food.

It not the fun, but (hopefully) only has to be done once.
                          Phillip Hullquist

I entertain people through adventure movies.
                          www.11visions.com

Comment

hopefully?
                            Mozilla Search Plugin

Comment

Yeah, some people grow lotsa teeth.

I guess he means once as in all at once.
                              GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Working...
                              X