Headlight question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight question...

So I get into my car today and the headlights start acting funny. My car has DRLs that engage once the car is in gear. When I put the car in gear the DRLs (both headlights) flash about 10 times (I also hear a relay clicking). Then the DRLs go out and the DRL dashlight flashes. My low-beams work fine and only my passenger high-beam works. If I restart the car the process starts all over. Is my driver side blub dead (or partly-dead)? Or is it the DRL relay?
    ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
    Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
    All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
    Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'd try swapping out the bulb first Switch the two bulbs round to the other sides, and see if it occurs on the same side as before, or on the opposite sides.

If opposite sides, then your bulb is dead, and you need a new one

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

check your headlight sockets first. I've seen quite a few burnt out sockets on almost new cars like a 2001 Jetta, and 99 STS
      NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
      If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Call the dealer service department and ask if this is an indication if a problem.

It may be simmilar to a turnsignal flashing rapidly when one of the bulds is out.
        TruckinMP3
        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by TruckinMP3
          Call the dealer service department and ask if this is an indication if a problem.

It may be simmilar to a turnsignal flashing rapidly when one of the bulds is out.
          yeah, I know atleast in HID equipped cars, the highbeam is what runs the DRLs, they run at 60% output. so by having a high beam out, perhaps your DRLs are out.

try replacing that blown bulb or whatever it takes to fix and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ares
            yeah, I know atleast in HID equipped cars, the highbeam is what runs the DRLs, they run at 60% output. so by having a high beam out, perhaps your DRLs are out.

try replacing that blown bulb or whatever it takes to fix and see what happens.
            It was the driver's side high-beam. Seems that the DRLs can't both function when one is out.
            ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
            Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
            All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
            Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
            X