Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Paint Repair Question

Hey all,

A couple of months back I got some chips flung at my car at 60mph which made a bit of a mess on my bonnet. I used a chip repair paint from Halfords but now the paint wont rust but you really can notice the paint on the bonnet and other small places I had to touch up around the car as its not flush with the body (sticks up a little) and the colour is slightly off.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this? T-Cut Colour was suggested so I've got some of that but does anyone have any better ideas?

If you guys need pics I'll see what I can do today!

Thanks,
    Paolo

T-cut to "blend" it in is probably the best you're gonna get short of respraying the entire bonnet.

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

Might be too late for this now, but in the future try.

Smooth out blobs:
      http://www.langka.com/

Paint:
      http://www.paintscratch.com
      -TJ
      Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
      CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
      Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

Comment

Thanks guys, just gotta kinda try and make it respectable enough to sell, how much value do you think this will take from the car.

Example, car is advertised for 1500 in near perfect condition, how much would I have to reduce it by realistically because of the repair job (in its current condition, possibly with a semi-successful T-cut job)

Thanks,
        Paolo

Comment

Well, it depends on how bad it is. If it's just little stone chips, I'm sure someone won't reject it due to some stone chips on the bonnet!

If they're big huge gauges, then it will be a little more difficult

Get us some pics for us to judge

Garry
          Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
          www.aimee.cc

Comment

Working...
          X