Scooby Impreza Lighting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scooby Impreza Lighting

I know there are a lot Scooby owners out there, and a lot of WRX owners, so...

Has anyone put larger fog lights on the bumper in front of the radiator? I've seen it done, and I know they do it on the rally cars. My question is if anyone has done this, and experienced any problems with overheating. I want to do it, but putting something like a pair of Hella 500s right in front of my radiator just sounds like a bad idea.

Any opinions?
    2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
    7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
    80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Well, technically it would block air. Why do you want to put huge fog lights on the front of your car? Never understood why people put those huge things on there...

Comment

You mean a light bar or behind the grill?

(former 99 OBS owner here)

Comment

I'm actually thinking more along the lines of just screwing the lights right to the bumper (in front of the grill).

I've seen it done before, and I really liked how it looks. And considering the amount of actual off-roading (lots and lots of mudding) I do, I'm sure it will help having the extra lighting.
        2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
        7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
        80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Originally posted by kiltjim
          I'm actually thinking more along the lines of just screwing the lights right to the bumper (in front of the grill).

I've seen it done before, and I really liked how it looks. And considering the amount of actual off-roading (lots and lots of mudding) I do, I'm sure it will help having the extra lighting.
          Oh, hehehehe. That last person I saw had a front bumper body kit with these huge integrated fog lights, kind of pointless considering he drove it around town.

Take a look at the radiator, see about where the lights would place and what it would block. I've seen some lights that can be folded down when not in use. I know the fog lights on my Jeep are fixed in place though.

Comment

Working...
          X