Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free X10 remote for new customers...

http://www.x10.com/techliving1/index.htm

I just ordered mine. Comes to under $6.00 for shipping, and you get the USB transciever and remote for free.
    2005 Ford Focus ST

X10 is about to see a quick death with Zwave products coming out. But that didn't stop me from ordering it this morning, though. Heh.
    Don't Click

Comment

Well, just ordered mine. We shall see. Thanks if it's real and I'll hunt you down if it's not.

BTW, Gutter. I think you have consistantly had the funniest Avatars on this forum. Although most prolly wouldn't find your current one humorous...
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

I guess I should have searched before posting this....lol

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24827

So will this work w/a carputer?

Comment

Yes, the hardware is supposed to be great....I dont know about the software, Lola. Well see. But hey, its free

I looked over the X10 site and found the same setup sells usually for about $100 thru them, so for the $6 it cant be all that bad. Resell it on eBay if it sucks.

Supposedly the remote and reciever are 2.4ghz, should be great for the car or house.
          2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Isn't X10 the same company who used to bombard the net with pop-ups/unders for some stupid web cam? If it is the same company aren't you guys affraid to give them your CC# including card security number?
            Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

AmEx card baby!!! If they try to pull shiznit they don't get jack.

And yes that is the same company with the pop ups as well as the one that filed Chapter 11 not oo long ago as well.
              Aura MR62 (F and R)
              My Current MP3s
              IamDefiler.com

Comment

Just ordered mine. For less than $6 how can you go wrong?
                7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
                ATVMS.com

Comment

Why would popups make me afraid to purchase their products? That's what companies do -- they advertise (albeit in an irritating fashion).

I have zero liability with my card. If there are unauthorized charges, I simply cancel it and get a new one. X10 has been around a long time. I doubt they're going to delve into credit card fraud all the sudden.

And Defiler, <3.
                  Don't Click

Comment

Got mine ordered. $6.52, for some reason I had to pay WSST.

I have a bank account I only use for online transactions and only keep a few dollars in it.

P.S. Thanks for the heads up on this!

Comment

I ordered it. I was a little creeped out about putting the bank's phone number on there but I hope that can't do any harm
                      Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                      Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Originally posted by chut
                        I ordered it. I was a little creeped out about putting the bank's phone number on there but I hope that can't do any harm
                        I wouldn't worry about the phone number thing. I've ordered from other online retailers that ask for the same info. It's just to check with the bank incase something is fishy. Or at least that's what I've been told...
                        Aura MR62 (F and R)
                        My Current MP3s
                        IamDefiler.com

Comment

I love my Paypal debit card...hehe...very little money in it at any time

please dont waste a good email address on them though! give em a hotmail or something. Not worth the spam later
                          2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

X10 Files for Chapter 11

Old news I know, but..... I think they are still in Chapter 11.

http://news.com.com/2100-1014-5095260.html

Comment

Has anyone else recieved this email? Wonder if I'm getting my $6 back or not. Odd since I only ordered one! I'll have to check the bank on Monday....

Dear X10 Customer,
                              Thank you for your interest in X10.
                              Unfortunately, we are unable to fulfill your request for the free X10 Promotional Kit. According to our records, you have already ordered a free kit from X10, and are hopefully enjoying using it at this time, or will be receiving it shortly.
                              X10 free product offers are limited to new customers residing in the U.S. and are limited to one per household and free offers may not be combined. We hope you understand.
                              We apologize if there has been any confusion, and we ask that you please accept a FREE $15 X10 Gift Certificate* with our compliments.
                              Our free product offers are designed to introduce the public to the ease and affordability of X10 products, and we hope that your free kit from X10 will do just that.
                              Again, thank you for your interest in X10. We hope you enjoy your free kit from X10.
                              *This certificate may only be used once, and may not be used for shipping and handling charges

Comment

Working...
                              X