Best Man Speech?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Man Speech?

I gots a wedding coming up and I need a best man speech...anyone know of a good one?
    BossTone74

http://www.need-a-speech.com/wedding.html
    The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
    CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
    PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
    Memory:1G
    Drives:160gig
    WI-FI:Cingular
    GPS:IG2k9
    Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
    The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Originally posted by john1701
      downloading a canned best man speech?! that ranks pretty high on the lame-o-meter
      Car: 1999 Dark Green Mustang GT Coupe
      Audio: Alpine HU, JL 6ch Amp, JL Stealthbox and XR series components.
      Player: Empeg for now; something custom later.
      www.neotechpc.com - Custom built laptops!

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if they have canned eulogies...

I'm just kidding.
        Don't Click

Comment

I agree. If anything, just go there to get some ideas of what to talk about, but don't just recite someone else's speech. I gave one at my best friend's wedding, and just said a little something about him, then his fiancee, commended the parents on raising them, wished them both good luck, and threw in a few jokes and stories in there. It was only like 3-5 minutes, tops.

Comment

best man speeches are supposed to be short and meaning full. dont ramble, dont wing it up there. make a few good points, say good luck, but dont drag it out. let the maid of honor drag it out...

personal opinion from me is: the shorter the better... i havent been to a wedding where i was glad the speeches were long!

good luck man... just dont give the speech drunk.

~Mike
            Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
            PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
            2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

PM sent
              Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
              Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Best man speech.....

There are a fews ways you could go. It depends on if it's a relative, best friend or a good friend.

Comment

best man speech

1.The traditional best man's beginning often involves thanking the bride and groom for their gifts and compliments to 'the team' of bridesmaids, ushers, and etc.

2. Make a point of addressing the couple, and especially of talking to and about the bride too. Too many best man's speeches almost entirely overlook her.

3. If you have to embarress the groom your material should be funny without being nasty, risqué without being offensive. (if you think you can't pull that off, it's best just not to.) You don't want to be remembered as the one that ruined the reception.

4. It can seem like a good idea to mention past relationships, but tread carefully. The golden rule: If there's a chance it might upset the bride... leave it out.

5. Talk about how you met the groom, how you came to be best friends, how much you really think of him, your perspective on the growing relationship between bride and groom, how he behaved differently with her (the moment I knew it was serious...) keep it light, up beet, and real.

6.your best wishes for their future together etc.
                  If you have any messages to read, include them after your main speech.
                  Conclude with a toast to the bride and groom.

Comment

Originally posted by hollygolightly
                    1.The traditional best man's beginning often involves thanking the bride and groom for their gifts and compliments to 'the team' of bridesmaids, ushers, and etc.

2. Make a point of addressing the couple, and especially of talking to and about the bride too. Too many best man's speeches almost entirely overlook her.

3. If you have to embarress the groom your material should be funny without being nasty, risqué without being offensive. (if you think you can't pull that off, it's best just not to.) You don't want to be remembered as the one that ruined the reception.

4. It can seem like a good idea to mention past relationships, but tread carefully. The golden rule: If there's a chance it might upset the bride... leave it out.

5. Talk about how you met the groom, how you came to be best friends, how much you really think of him, your perspective on the growing relationship between bride and groom, how he behaved differently with her (the moment I knew it was serious...) keep it light, up beet, and real.

6.your best wishes for their future together etc.
                    If you have any messages to read, include them after your main speech.
                    Conclude with a toast to the bride and groom.

Thanks for all the suggestions!! It went very well I took all of your suggestions except I put it into a song. I brought my guitar up there explained what I was going to do, and told the story. People were crying because they were laughing so hard, Very Adam Sandler style.
                    BossTone74

Comment

sounds like your a natural!

Comment

Originally posted by hollygolightly
                        sounds like your a natural!
                        You're about the last person I expected to be posting here!

Welcome to mp3car (even tho you've been here for a few months)

Comment

Working...
                        X