My nightmare turned reality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My nightmare turned reality

Just like to say be very careful with car thieves going around London.

This morning my mp3 car became the victim of this new type of thieves. They dont break into the car...they tow them away with a truck instead.

Luckily I had the carpc out of the car since last week due for testing.

Heres the last pic of my car taken 2 months ago :
    Attached Files

did you report it to the police?
    what about the screen , did you take it out?
    MG ZR CARPUTER (UNITED KINGDOM)

Comment

Yes everything is out, theres not a single trace of carpc in there apart from some wires.

The car is even impossible to drive as I took out the alternator and theres not even a battery, the clutch need changing too. Heck the car is not even driveable.

Im so thankful to god I took out the car PC before it got stolen

Comment

How do you know it just wasn't towed away?
        Don't Click

Comment

How do you know it just wasn't towed away?

Because the last time I saw it was 2am, and gone by 6am. Theres no parking restriction on that road either.

The police said its becoming common in my area where they tow away cars for spare parts. They had many reports on cars dissapearing like that.

My dad even told me once he saw someone cars getting towed away at 2am but just ignored it as maybe it just broken down. Im sure these bastard can take your car away during the day and no one will question them. Even if you did caugh them during the day they can just say sorry you parked you car illegally, call this number if you have problem with that.

Even if the car had the most sophisticated alarm and had gone off while being towed no one will care.

Its kinda scarry.

Comment

hope you were insured. That's a huge bummer
            Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

Sorry to hear about that man!

Where abouts in London was it nicked from?

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky327
                Yes everything is out, theres not a single trace of carpc in there apart from some wires.

The car is even impossible to drive as I took out the alternator and theres not even a battery, the clutch need changing too. Heck the car is not even driveable.

Im so thankful to god I took out the car PC before it got stolen
                Was it taxed?

Comment

hope you were insured.

Yes Im fully insured, but you can never be sure with insurance...they always find away not to pay up. If they did pay its never the true value of the car. The thing is I didnt had the alarm on at the time it got stolen, I disconnected the battery.

Where abouts in London was it nicked from?

It happened in south east london, a rough area.

Comment

Was it taxed?

Yeah man...im not that dodgey

The thing is, I had the car for 12 years from new, I looked after it very well and done only 26,000 miles. Felt like a loved one died

For some reason they loved nicking my car, its the 4th time they tried and this time they suceeded.

Oh well, car PC is off for now.

Comment

what kind of car is that? it kind of looks like half of a subaru...
                      rebuilding carpc... kinda..

Comment

it kind of looks like half of a subaru...

Its a ford XR2i.

Not sure if they have it in US or some other country. I only seems to see them in UK.

Comment

don't feel to bad...
                          a guy on the subaru board i am on had not one, not two, but threee!!!! cars stolen by flatbed just recently also i might add
                          WINNER!!!!
                          run-on sentance comp 2002!!
                          :)

Comment

Working...
                          X