Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much $ u guys spent on your in a month?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much $ u guys spent on your in a month?

not to be brag...i am just bored...
    ever since i stumbled to this forum which has been costing me alot...$$$
    last month i just spent about $2000+ plus on my car...
    luckily i used credit card cuz i don't have pay a dime YET...
    good luck with your mod...
    icet

IF you mean about my car in general, well... I probably spend 18 bucks a week on fuel... change the oil (five quarts)/ filter every 3 months, and probably ahve to add one quart over the coarse of those three months..... uhh.... probably other junk I can't think of...

But if you mean for my mp3 player project.... well lemme think about that.

I bought a CIDCO Mailstation machine the other day, with intentions to use the display from it... that might not work out after all though.... $5.00

The current display I'm using (still in the early stages) is a 2linex 24 char Alphanumeric display, not backlit, controlled by an HD44780. I ripped that out of an old router..........$0.00

Most of the computer hardware I already happened to have... except the hard drive I bought a while back, it's been a while .... I think it was about ..........$15.00

Tha'ts about all I've bought for my project so far.
    Nic

Comment

yeah...i meant modding your car....projects...
      not normal daily spending...
      ehehehehe...
      icet...

Comment

Clear corner lens : $14
        Headlight bulbs + corner light bulb : $14
        Optima Yellow Top battery : $180
        Fosgate 4-Channel Amp : $217
        Fosgame Mono Amp : $190
        Fosgate Subs : $50 x 2
        Sub Box: $80
        Various Tools (Drill, Multitester, Wire Stripper/Crimper : ~$50
        Mirrors with cool lights on front : $50
        Power lock solenoids : $15 x 4
        Various buttons, switches, relays, knobs : $40
        Wires, fuse holders, connectors : $70
        DC to AC inverter : $40
        Spinner hub caps : $40
        250W DC DC Power Supply : $180

I think that's everything for the car related stuff.
        Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
        Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
        sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

I have an account in which I put 40 a month into. This account is nominated as my Computer account, basically upgrades to home PC, car PC or my network at home comes from this.

any car onmly related changes come out my normal account. Next big thing, assuming MOT and BMW Service II don't kill me will be a new set of alloys 800 approx.

Comment

Originally posted by icet
            not to be brag...i am just bored...
            ever since i stumbled to this forum which has been costing me alot...$$$
            last month i just spent about $2000+ plus on my car...
            luckily i used credit card cuz i don't have pay a dime YET...
            good luck with your mod...
            icet
            not to bash you, but are you in high school (or that general age bracket)... i mean, that blatant disregard for financial responsibilty sounds like you are new to the credit card thing...

remember... you actually have to have the money to pay the card off eventually. so that means you spend $2K one month, but the next 6 months are used to pay off that $2K rampage.

~Mike
            Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
            PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
            2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

I just spent about $2000 this month.
              pics will be up soon, i will finnish tonight
              Carputer: 2.8Ghz P4, 512 RAM, 120gb HDD, WIFI, TV tuner, CDRW/DVDROM, Slot load DVD in front.
              Screen: Lilliput 7" touchscreen (Custom made Carbon Fiber Screen Enclosure)
              S2000 Carputer

Comment

I did my first carputer on the cheap with an old laptop I had laying around into my old car. Spent bout $500 on computer parts total, $500 to paint it myself, and $500 on new rims. Took me about 2 years to get everything the way I wanted it, then about 1 month after I finished everything some dumb lady in a mini van backs into my car in a parking lot, 1 month after that the other side of my car gets hit while waiting in another parking lot, then 1 month after that I get hit yet again, in another parking lot. ALthough the car still worked just fine, or as well as an 88' with 180,000 miles on it could work, it was no longer made a suitable case for my carputer, so I went out a bought a new "case" for it. This one cost me $35,000 and so far I put another $1500 for just computer parts.

Some additional words of wisdom. Stay out of parking lots in southern virginia if you have flames on your car. Bad drivers are attracted to it like moths to light!
                StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu

Some additional words of wisdom. Stay out of parking lots in southern virginia if you have flames on your car. Bad drivers are attracted to it like moths to light!

If you can't stand the heat . . . . . . . .

Comment

Wait...so how long have you had the car?

Are you asking how much we spend per month or the most in 1 month?

If you spend $2,000 on mods every months then if you had your car for 1 year you would have spent 12 x 2,000?

Well I spent $25,000 on my car last time...thats because I bought the whole car

Comment

You really dont want to know how much my car costs to maintain! Lets just say a small fighter jet is probably less expensive!

Electronics is not a per month things, it goes in bursts. My current computer project is probably around $1500, and the amateur radio project cost roughly the same. I am hoping to go a month without anything more than just fuel!
                      .//Daren
                      (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
                      MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

not to bash you, but are you in high school (or that general age bracket)... i mean, that blatant disregard for financial responsibilty sounds like you are new to the credit card thing...

remember... you actually have to have the money to pay the card off eventually. so that means you spend $2K one month, but the next 6 months are used to pay off that $2K rampage.

~Mike

i wish that i am still in HIGH SCHOOL so i can get lots of hot young chicks...i hope my girlfriend don't read this post...ehehehe....i have to pay it off within a year to be exact....no interest my man....

Ricky327 "Are you asking how much we spend per month or the most in 1 month?

If you spend $2,000 on mods every months then if you had your car for 1 year you would have spent 12 x 2,000?

Well I spent $25,000 on my car last time...thats because I bought the whole car "

well let me rephase the question....
                        ok...ever since you bought A car.
                        how much do u spent total to mod your car?
                        and what is the most money u spent in the shortest time to mod your car?

well me thinking with all the money we spent on gagets for our car...
                        won't it be better of just to buy a better cooler car?
                        but what fun doing that right?
                        well enjoy.....
                        icet....

Comment

well me thinking with all the money we spent on gagets for our car...
                          won't it be better of just to buy a better cooler car?

True...but do you like the shape of the car with all the gadget thrown in? How about a stretched limo with a swimming pool?

Name me a car with carpc built in as standard

Comment

The car computer represents a tiny fraction of the cost of the vehicle, so buying a 'cooler' car isnt going to cut it. The whole point isnt to have the coolest car, because everyone's idea of that is different, some like sports cars, some like other types. The effort spent is the point, its the satisfaction of doing the project. I am wrestling with various power options now. The last thing I want is to have it all done, what would I do then

Its just like the hot chicks you mentioned, the chase is best part. Then again, thats probably my old age (38) because its been so long that I have chased hot chicks...
                            .//Daren
                            (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
                            MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X