• Show
Clear All

• I-Beamer

Are we becoming obsolete?

IPod BMW

Michael
    "It does not understand, if it does not ride."

M10000, 512 Mb, 2,5" 40G, Slim DVD, Opus 90W, Xenarc 7", Leadtek 9532 GPS,
    RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

Originally posted by fly_dutchie
    Are we becoming obsolete?

IPod BMW

Michael
    No.
    I dont have a Bmw...
    Its no match for a car PC!
    Here in Portugal we have great weather, lots of brunnets, party a lot,drink a lot....
    http://img138.echo.cx/img138/896/bannerjoshua5dy.jpg

Comment

No!

Originally posted by PORTUGAL
      No.
      I dont have a Bmw...
      Its no match for a car PC!
      well said portugal

the ipod won't do gps, dvd, video, wardrive, etc.
      '96 Chevy Cavalier - EPIA M10000, Win2K,MediaCar, Deluo GPS Mouse with Routis, 60GB external HD, 7" widescreen monitor from DigitalWW.

'00 Jeep Wrangler - planning stage

What can BROWN do for you?

Comment

yeah and i can think of better ways to spend 400 (touch screen, PC...)

Comment

i dont know about you, but if i had an ipod it wouldnt be flying around in the glove box when i was driving.

~mike
          Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
          PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
          2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Originally posted by mp3z24
            i dont know about you, but if i had an ipod it wouldnt be flying around in the glove box when i was driving.

~mike
            I'd probably have it connected to an Opus, bolted down under the passenger seat.

Michael
            "It does not understand, if it does not ride."

M10000, 512 Mb, 2,5" 40G, Slim DVD, Opus 90W, Xenarc 7", Leadtek 9532 GPS,
            RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember there being an iPod commercial a while ago that showed and iPod docking station built into a VW. Wouldn't that be the first integration?

Also, there are lots of CD Players with mp3 decoding, which I'd rather have than an iPod.
              Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
              Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
              sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

I don't know.. for $1000 MSRP you can get this Alpine unit:

With a detachable harddrive, and I wouldn't be surpised if you could control it with the touchscreen motorized video systems. The retail market is catching up.. headunits with harddrives are showing up.

I wouldn't be surpised if with-in 2-3 years, displays popped up with all in 1 GPS, DVD, harddrive touchscreen video.. etc. Came up all fitting (external devices HD, GPS) in a normal 1 Din case.
                http://www.AJQuick.com/ - Fiberglassing Tutorials!
                My Cardomain Page - 1998 Dodge Neon R/T

Comment

There is really two things behind this new BMW/Apple campaign.

First, its a convience factor. Being able to be all snooty in your BMW while using your lavous ipod.

Second, its a status factor. Being able to use your lavous ipod with your BMW.

Apple's advertising is unbelieveably great. Yes I can admit, I have fallen victim to their ads and I am a proud owner of a 40gb ipod. It's quite disturbing how many more people you notice with those white in-ear headphones walking around when you own one. It's odd because, I feel like in I'm so secret cult or something. Whenever I walk by someone we just give that glance to each other like "I know, I am a user also" and give a slight nod.

All it is for new BMW owner's is more status.

And now I end my nonsense rambling that I refuse to spellcheck or read over for grammatical errors.

-kay
                  [ L ] ive. [ D ] ream. [ C ] reate.

Comment

the funny part is my boss has a Z5..and they don't support it:-P however, he refuses to get an IPod.

that thing that Apple is advertising is only a hack into the head unit. just they glorified it with advertising.
                    "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
                    Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

I find the open glove box with the iPod just laying in there hilarious! Definitely not in the style of Apple's everything looking good mentallity.

Comment

Working...
                      X