X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on getting samples

I tried ordering samples of this: http://www.bourns.com/2/pdfs/ACE.pdf
    Product #: EAW0J-B24-CE0128

but never got a response. I said I'd be ordering 5k - 10k in the next year, but need 5 now for prototyping, so I hoped that would spark an interest.

What are the magic words/numbers/sexual positions that are required to get these guys to release 5 samples?

I did use my business name and real phone number. I'd be happy if they would at least call. Mouser sells them, but at a minimum of 135 @ $7.78 each ($1k).
    Don't Click

You need info about the project. "Give me samples" doesnt justify it. IMHO you should call them, ask about the connectors, tell them about your 'application' etc, only that way you're guaranteed to get something.

Besides.. dont forget that 5-10k connectors/small pushbuttons is a pretty small order for that kind of parts. So dont be suprised if they deem that it's not even worth sending samples to you.
    ----------------------
    VIA Epia II
    256MB 266DDR Ram
    90GB Wester Digital
    Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
    Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
    ----------------------
    Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

There is a line asking what it was for and I put in "Home Automation," which is true. The only fib is that I just need 5 of them.

This is not just a small pushbutton. This is an absolute-position digital encoder. It's like comparing a Leer jet to a kite.

If I ordered 5k at $5 a piece (quantity discount), that's $25,000. I seriously doubt that they'd consider that a small order.
      Don't Click

Comment

DAMN!
        Only 8 years old and building a home automation system.

Comment

Originally posted by heypachuco
          DAMN!
          Only 8 years old and building a home automation system.
          Forget that!
          Only 8 years old and already has a nice car and is asking about sexual positions!!!

Comment

What can I say - 2nd grade is quite the learning experience.
            Don't Click

Comment

Nevermind. Allied Electronics has a similar model of the same product with a minimum order of 1, so I'm set. Thanks anyways.
              Don't Click

Comment

[iG] is right. In order to get samples, you have got to have a detailed plan to give them. I've made up fake schematics before just to prove that we have something in the works. One thing I've learned is not only giving them your contact information, but also information for your business manager, or R&D manager's e-mail, or cell phone number.

Kiltjim
                Manager of R&D AmRobotics
                2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
                7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
                80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Working...
                X