FREE Carputer Website Space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE Carputer Website Space

Im considering starting a webhosting company and need some help. I want to test out my new server with some clients so im offering 10 free sites so I can be sure everything is working fine before I start selling space. I cant guarantee the server will be up forever but my intention is to keep it up as long as possible. I couldnt think of a better place to offer this than to my carputer brethren. I would like to offer this to people who are on bandwidth restricted sites and are going to use it for carputer related sites only. If you want to put other stuff on there its fine, but it should be primarily a carputer site. If anyone is interested you must have a domain name and a site made already. Just message me with contact info if youre interested.

I'll take it. For my setup. I'm currently using geocities.
    --------
    mykolJay
    99 Accord coupe
    http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
    My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

Question

Dont happen to have CF support on that server do you?
      My Install

Software:
      CFiG v1
      iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell
      Working shell for a CarPC

StopWatch
      StopWatch plugin remade for centrafuse RC1

Comment

you've got mail
        My Install

Software:
        CFiG v1
        iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

ummm, yah. CF server app runs about $1100-$1500. always easier to go with PHP/MySQL if this is a Linux/BSD/Unix server. If it is WinBlows, then ASP. CF can go on either server, but legally costs some major $$.

are you just providing web server space via FTP? or also SSH, mail, etc.?

Alti: funny you are from FishKill. PETA at one time tried to change that place's name. use to date a girl from around there:-P
          "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
          Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

Assuming there are no legal ramifications I was thinking about setting up a site that is a file repository for all things carpc related. It would basically have mirrored copies of all the popular free apps out there. If this sounds OK I would like one of the 10 available slots.

Thanks.
            Don't Fear The Gurkey
            Click here to check out My Setup

Comment

Originally posted by wkolodny
              Assuming there are no legal ramifications I was thinking about setting up a site that is a file repository for all things carpc related. It would basically have mirrored copies of all the popular free apps out there. If this sounds OK I would like one of the 10 available slots.

Thanks.
              I can give you 50Mb of storage, web email and FTP. I may adjust things if I see there is a need (disk space, bandwidth, accounts, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by kandyman676
                ummm, yah. CF server app runs about $1100-$1500. always easier to go with PHP/MySQL if this is a Linux/BSD/Unix server. If it is WinBlows, then ASP. CF can go on either server, but legally costs some major $$.
                I assure you kandyman I am aware of how much CF Standard or Enterprise costs, but the inital post on the thread was vague and it never hurts to ask. The hosting site I currently use for developement is not cheap and it never hurts to find out if there are other options availible.

Originally posted by kandyman676
                Alti: funny you are from FishKill. PETA at one time tried to change that place's name. use to date a girl from around there:-P
                That is funny about PETA, I have lived here for awhile and did not know that. I'm going to have to check that out, good local lore.

-B
                My Install

Software:
                CFiG v1
                iGuidance Plugin for CF

CarShell

StopWatch

Comment

Originally posted by alti
                  I assure you kandyman I am aware of how much CF Standard or Enterprise costs, but the inital post on the thread was vague and it never hurts to ask. The hosting site I currently use for developement is not cheap and it never hurts to find out if there are other options availible.
                  always no harm in asking:-) I know cause I use to be a CF 4.0 programmer/admin on WinBlows 2k and Sun Solaris boxes at an old job. now at another job I professional bid and buy the software...lol. however, I already have free PHP/MySQL hosting from a ISP job I did for a bit inbetween those jobs. Like you, never hurts to look around:-)

Originally posted by alti
                  That is funny about PETA, I have lived here for awhile and did not know that. I'm going to have to check that out, good local lore.
                  I will save you the trouble:-) They wanted to rename it "Fishsave" hahah.
                  http://www.cnn.com/US/9609/06/fishy.name/
                  "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
                  Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

btw, I run a hosting company and infact host mp3car (see signature) We have both windows (2k3/.net) and linux boxes available... Word of advise if you are starting a hosting company do it right and form a real company, last thing the hosting industry needs is another kiddie host that will offer unlimited blah blah blah for $5 then go out of business in a month..
                    -- WireSix, Inc. --
                    MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

nice, I thought I had a win win situation. I wanted to test the server and give the community a great deal. I have many servers for web design company, but have never used HELM control panel and thought this would be a good way to learn and help out some others but I guess I cant do that. Maybe free wasnt enough.

Comment

I wasn't being negative I was jsut offering some friendly advice
                        -- WireSix, Inc. --
                        MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

Originally posted by bstancs1
                          ...im offering 10 free sites so I can...
                          Are the 10 free sites already taken?
                          I accept ANY condition, but not banners!
                          3 Mb for my setup is too much!
                          BMW E36 Project [ ========= ]
                          Hardware:
                          Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Epia M-10000 - HQCT 1.0 FM Radio - 2.5" 80Gb - USB GPS
                          Software:
                          FrodoPlayer 1.10 & MapMonkey with FriBruMet Skins by Frigor.

Comment

heh.. i offered free space on my site, and i quickly realized i didnt have the space to handle some people's needs

this is a much better option.

I vote the spaces get allotted by people who need them. people who need lots of disk space... like media player skins (that's what got me lol)

might want to ask more_mods if he wants one of them

Comment

why not just get a real website... they are cheap *cough* signature *cough* </cheap plug>
                              -- WireSix, Inc. --
                              MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

Working...
                              X