Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a used car (Honda Civic) Input Needed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a used car (Honda Civic) Input Needed!

All right Civic owners,

I'm buying a used civic...I'm not to UP on the civic areana, so I'm asking for your help. What are the different models? I would like a 2 door, something a little more sporty. Now are all the ones that have molding on them custom jobs? Or do they come stock like that. I prefer automatic over stick...been there done that (Minnesota isn't fun in the winter with stick)

This is the look I'm going for, tasteful yet sporty. No surfboard spoilers, no Wings.
    Just tasteful.

As Civic owners is their anything you would suggest, or anything I should look for or avoid?

Thanks for any input!

This ONE
    BossTone74

Keep the Blazer! Sorry, Im partial to Blazers as I own 3 of them. One of my trucks

Theres a few different types of civics, 4 doors, 2 doors, or hatchbacks. Different trim models too, EX, DX, HX... They are pretty standard, I think the differnt models just have different options, 1.6L engines, although some have VTEC, like the Civic Si models.

The links you provided just redirect me to the homepage.
    G945GLCF2 | 512MB RAM | 160GB HD | Holux GPS w/ Routis | XMPCR w/ TOSLINK mod | Audigy 2 NX | | Xenarc 700TSV |Opus 150W PSU.

Comment

yah, the links don't point to any specific cars. what year are you looking at? and what price range?

it might be worth your while to look for one that already has an engine swap, if that's something you're looking for. the price won't be much different, and it'll be cheaper than paying for a swap later. stock engines will be 100-140hp or so. with a basic swap, you can get into 160-220+hp, NA. if you're looking for stock, i'd recommend atleast an EX, Si if you can get it.

edit- i got the link to work. the first car looks like a fairly stock EX. custom wheels, of course. the second one, the black one, is in ghetto pre-rice mode. lots of cheap, useless mods. ugly fogs, cheap sidemarker, the increasingly popular $2 "gutter guard" mesh grille, clear signals, no doubt cheap exhaust upgrades, and lowering springs, but no mention of new struts. not good.

you might get more results here.

Comment

I own a 99 Civic Sedan, Bought it used in 2001. I haven't had any problems at all with it except for the stock header cracking which allowed me to buy a new kamikaze 4-1 header. Any way, I think 4drs look better and they have more room. Here's a few pics of my car http://members.cardomain.com/customz02 And btw I think your makin a good choice in gettin a honda gas savers and easy to find parts for em. Good luck on findin the right car.
        Starting new project. After some jackass broke in and stole my screen.

Comment

Just keep in mind that Civics tend to be high on the theft list, esp. if you plan to mod your car. They are great cars though. I'd recommend the 4 door too, for security reasons.
          Carputer Pics
          Xenarc, custom case, M10000, 40 gig 2.5" hard drive, laptop DVD burner, Wi-fi, Bluetooth, GPS mouse, FP 1.09, M1-ATX

Look for me on the track, cause that's where you'll find me.

Comment

definently dont get that car that you just showed though, that guy seems a little bit sketchy
            2003 Jetta GLI
            1.8 ghz intel pentium 4
            256 mb ram
            dvdrom
            xenarc 700tsv

Status - 90% - need to finish bondoing

Comment

That civic is hawt. I would recommend a 99-00 Civic SI (for some speed ). The engine in the SI has some serious potential and moves quick already. If not the SI, then go for any coupe after 92. My preference is the 92-95 coupes.

Also, if you're not going for an SI, then try to get an EX, they have slightly more powerful engines. If you're wondering, the Trim goes like this from worst to best: CX DX LX EX SI.
              Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
              Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
              sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Alright,

Well it seems that some people were able to access the pages, and some were not. Not that important. I do however appreciate any and all advice before I spend all of my financial aid on this....hee hee. I really not worried about theft, since I do have insurance and I live in a really good neighborhood. I'm not to concern with speed, but may change things if it's not as quick as I would like it to be. However I would like to to look somewhat classy. With body kits, are they hard to install? Do they need to be painted prior them being put on, or can you order them the same color of you car and then just put them on? Or do they need to be put on and then have your whole car painted?

I'll be going for and ex or SI....hopefully I can get an automatic...
                BossTone74

Comment

I own an accord. Check out honda-acura.net
                  --------
                  mykolJay
                  99 Accord coupe
                  http://www.geocities.com/accordpc
                  My Project Thread on mp3car.com

Comment

I own a 2001 2dr Honda Civic EX. no mods, nada. only really "custom" thing is the optional factory spolier and the multiple stickers:

the dash is almost a full 2 DIN, and I am able to do fold out and head unit with no problems.
                    "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
                    Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

look for a si !! its the best civic out next to the type R
                      2-15" ILO lcd w/DVI
                      6800 gt Duel DVI out
                      p4 1.6ghz flex atx board
                      1gb 400 ram
                      120gb(2-60gb raid) sata hd
                      2-60gb hotswap
                      WIN2K Pro SP2
                      M.A.M.E. w/2,300 games
                      CARPuter info

Comment

HOw about this one?

http://www.carsoup.com/used/detail.a...ID=&UVViewID=4
                        BossTone74

Comment

this is my third civic i have had. nice cars. i have had no problem with any of them.

Comment

The new Civic SI is awful. Get an Acura RSX if you want that kinda car (they're almost the same thing, but RSX is much better).If you get automatic I will hate you. Its a waste of gas, money, and power. That blue civic si is good. I really like the new civic coupes too.
                            Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
                            Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
                            sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

nsx
                              When in doubt, moo at things.

Comment

Working...
                              X