Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EBay seller just stole $220 from me - ALERT !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBay seller just stole $220 from me - ALERT !!

be wary of auctions for cell phones.

I did a " But it now " for a Sony Ericsson T637 for $220. The next day Ebay send me a e-mail saying that the auction is cancelled, and the user account is gone/cancelled.. So I have no info on the seller now.
    They had lots of positive feedback and even buyer protection of $500.
    Well, seems that there has to be a " User " to get the buyer protection...

Anyway.. guys name is americafirstdeal ( V Ulyanov of Eden Prarie MN )

hopefully nobody else got taken....
    I have told many people that ebay is safe if you just watch out and be carefull..

[/rant]

Don

What if the guy passed away or something?

This doesn't sound like a scam.

Comment

Get his addy, I live in mn. I beat him up!
      BossTone74

Comment

man come on give me a break. did you already pay for the auction? if you did with paypal just call them and they will take care of it. no big deal. plus when ebay emailed you they asked in there email if you sent the money and if you did then it gave you a link click on there and follow it through. i been there done that.

Comment

File a complaint with paypal.

Comment

Steps to take:
            1. Contact Paypal and submit a complaint
            2. Contact Ebay and submit a complaint
            3. If for some reason step 1&2 don't work, contact the police in Eden Prarie MN
            www.i-hacked.com Hardware hacking articles

Comment

^^^What they said
              "I'm a dick!"
              "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

Originally posted by kickercivic1
                man come on give me a break. did you already pay for the auction? if you did with paypal just call them and they will take care of it. no big deal. plus when ebay emailed you they asked in there email if you sent the money and if you did then it gave you a link click on there and follow it through. i been there done that.
                no such link on the e-mail.....

hevnsnt, looks like #3 after I try PayPal again.... EBay basically no help... he's no longer a member..

Comment

Make sure you save all evidence proving your transaction. Save a copy of your ebay payment and the actual auction page to your hard drive. Collect everything you have about his identity and try to find a phone number for him.

I would also call the cops in MN to see if anyone else has reported getting ripped off by this guy. If so, nail him. If not, see if Paypal can research and refund your payment .

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderworm
                    Make sure you save all evidence proving your transaction. Save a copy of your ebay payment and the actual auction page to your hard drive. Collect everything you have about his identity and try to find a phone number for him.

I would also call the cops in MN to see if anyone else has reported getting ripped off by this guy. If so, nail him. If not, see if Paypal can research and refund your payment .

Good luck.
                    once ebay deleted the auction, it's not even viewable and it doesn't show on " my EBay ".. all I have is the PayPal transaction and the EBay e-mail stating that the item was paid witha buy it now and paypal... that should be sufficient..
                    I did file a claim with PayPal... I know that there is a chance that I didn't get taken to the cleaners... but there is zero response from the seller..

Thanks for letting me vent.. I hope to benefit from others that may have had this problem

Comment

I believe you can still get the seller's info from eBay, even if he's not a registered user any longer. Get his info & give him a call.
                      "I'm a dick!"
                      "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

Contact credit card company

Peace,

Rafster
                        Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by rafaelsherman
                          Contact credit card company
                          I agree. To be able to sell on ebay you need to use credit card(go into my ebay and then click sell you will see). And credit card company has to aprove of it for ebay to use it. Id walk down to your police station and talk to them. As long as you have your paypal stuff you are all good. If no luck there...
                          Originally posted by bosstone74
                          Get his addy, I live in mn. I beat him up!
                          hehe
                          I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                          Buy Sell or Trade
                          If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                          Thank you
                          Forex
                          Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Man Bobby, I'm listening to Rapper's Delight and your avatar is groovin' right on beat. Can't stop watching it.
                            Don't Click

Comment

Originally posted by Gutter
                              Man Bobby, I'm listening to Rapper's Delight and your avatar is groovin' right on beat. Can't stop watching it.
                              Who's Bobby?

Peace,

Rafster
                              Post # 3000

Comment

Working...
                              X