X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad car wreck...I'm lucky i'm alive.

Grayscale: I think i totalled my dads car
    Gr4yscale: we had a really really bad storm last night
    Gr4yscale: it was nice and clear (at night)
    Gr4yscale: and i was driving my dads $60,000 BMW, he was riding with me
    Gr4yscale: and all of a sudden a horrible storm came up
    Gr4yscale: i was going about 78mph and we hydroplaned, the cruise control had been on so i had to tap the brakes to get us off it. just barely tapping them caused us to hydroplane worse and throw the car at an angle
    Gr4yscale: i couldn't get control of the car, i steered against it and then with it and it just kept going towards the median until we were at a 45 degree angle towards it
    Gr4yscale: i finally had to tap the brakes whic made us spin all the way around real quick, so we were going backwards at 70ish mph and i turned the wheel left so we'd go away from the median but we were still hydroplaning and it didn't help at all
    Gr4yscale: the back of the car hit the median in between the two lanes
    Gr4yscale: and then we spun around in a full circle 3 times
    Gr4yscale: we're lucky to be alive...i think i totalled it, we're gonna find out but there goes my savings

sorry guys, i just can't stop thinking about it and i needed to get it out of my system. plus maybe you guys can give tips on what to do when you hydroplane or something heh.
    CarPC install is starting to come along again...

was your speed legal?

Comment

Glad you are still with us. Go see a DR.
      TruckinMP3
      D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

I think we all have that experiance in which we find we didn't have the level of control over our cars that we thought we had. Mine came with some serious black ice. You emerge from it (hopefully) a more weary, better driver. The important thing is neither of you were seriously injured or killed. You'll recover from everything else.

Comment

hope you're ok
          Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

You're alive. Rejoice. Cars are just things.
            Worry about the rest later.
            [H]4 Life
            My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
            It will be done sometime in the next generation.
            I'm a lesbian too.
            I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
              You're alive. Rejoice. Cars are just things.
              Worry about the rest later.
              I GIVE FREE HUGS!
              Buy Sell or Trade
              If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
              Thank you
              Forex
              Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

happened to me in my 2000 F150 bout a year ago. JUST started raining,, i didnt even break i let off the gas and we were spinning,, my tires were pretty worn and the back end of a pickup is pretty light, Slammed me into the median and pulled my truck up somehow to make us slide on my passenger side for about 500 feet at 50 MPh... I had 2 peep in the truck not wearing seat belts and i was. they werent hurt at all but we aklso didnt really have a sudden stop we just slid on the side. if i wasnt wearing my seat belt i would of most likely fell on top of them and maybe fallen out the window, as when we hit the ground it busted the window on the passenger side. The whole time they were trying to keep there hands and whole body away from the window as we watched the pavement slide by.. theres really not much you can do hydroplaning going that fast.. and i used to cause myself purposely to hydroplane and slide backwards,, but 20-25MPH,, takes a lot less time to stop. And i couldnt keep us on track this time.

The funny thing was we ended up back in the same lane we started out at facing forward..just on laying on our side
                throw a moon

heuvos vin chevos

Comment

And to think, some people do it on purpose!

Comment

not hyrdoplaning but wtf.......
                    throw a moon

heuvos vin chevos

Comment

Glad you're ok. Hope the insurance takes care of it.
                      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity
                        And to think, some people do it on purpose!
                        They're crazy guys! And I don't mean the ones that are driving!!!
                        Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Grayscale:
                          I totalled my CRX about 5 years ago almost exactly the same way.
                          Ended up in a spin in a rain-slicked road. I didn't hydroplane, but the road was just wet enough to bring all the oil up to the surface. My left rear went flat, and I went off the road. I tried to get back on the road (not knowing about the flat at that point), and went into a spin.
                          Caught the end of a guardrail in the passenger door at about 45-50mph, I estimate. Didn't hit any other cars.

I'm certain you were wearing a seatbelt and the airbags did their job. My ride had no airbags, but I'm sure my seatbelt did its job, as I'm here to tell you about it.
                          Glad you're OK, compadre. The car can be replaced...
                          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the car, but you're alive. That could've been a lot worse.

And do your father a favor, get him a Volvo to replace the bimmer
                            List of front-ends/usefull apps
                            XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Working...
                            X