• I voted, did you?

<eom>
    Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
    http://hallert.net/

Nope!
    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Well, I suppose YOU have a good excuse, Laidback, assuming you're in Madrid, Spain.

Comment

i voted.. but please don't turn this into a flame war.. if you voted for bush kerry or others its ok in my book as long as you vote
        '98 Explorer Sport
        http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
        AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
        80% done

Comment

Y'know, an informed voting populace is a sign of a healthy democracy... but I never quite understood the 'go vote' drive outside of the 'informed' context. If you truly do not care, you shouldn't vote: let those who do care choose.

If you randomly vote for the sake of voting, you're not helping anybody. Make an informed decision, then go vote .

Comment

Nobody randomly votes. Pretty much everyone has an opinion, the problem is voter apathy. Hence, the 'Go vote!' stuff.

Saying that the only people who should vote are the 'informed' is in danger of sounding elitist. After all, who should determine who meets that criteria?

Also, by that logic, why bother putting polling places all over? Why not just put one polling place per state? That way, if people REALLY care, they'll all drive however many hundred miles it takes to go vote. Good way to limit the voting only to the informed and motivated.

Of course, I'm being silly for the sake of conversation, but I feel strongly that voting is not juts a privilege, it's a duty of every citizen.

Comment

Voted earlier today. Line sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Chairboy
                After all, who should determine who meets that criteria?

Who is John Galt?
                I just had another "irony attack."

Comment

I'm only 17 =\ But I'd vote Nader
                  CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Originally posted by e_z_street
                    Voted earlier today. Line sucked.
                    I live in a little town, (called Littlestown ) Voter turnout was the max ever! Never seen anything like it.
                    Voted at a VFW, the youngest worker there was about 70 Funny thought, they still use paper only, no machines or computers. Like I'm back in time 20 years. "Hickville, PA"

Edit: Oh yeah...Bush
                    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
                    "A great smoking alternative"

Comment

Lady in front of me didn't vote for all the differnet offices and didn't hit the vote button afterward. I called one of the workers over and they tried to catch her but she was gone so they had to clear out what she had already chosen before I could start so she waited in line over an hour and her vote didn't even count because she didn't bother to finish. Since ours are electronic you have to vote for every office before you finish so I know since she didn't bother with half of them if they had caught her she would just have randomly hit buttons until it let her hit vote. I don't like how they do that because some of the issues and offices were so obscure it took me a lot of time trying to figure out just what they were and they didn't really affect me but I still had to do my best to decide who/what to vote for.

Comment

I cast my ballot on Friday. Absentee ballot. It was kinda funny that they even put a little tiny pencil in with the material.

As always, my vote is private.

I appreciate that the mods on this board have kept all the bickering out of here.

I'll be up all night watching the results. Gotta love democracy.
                        Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

I wish that the whole world could vote in the US election - because at the end of the day, the results will affect the entire globe

Having said that, i too will be anxiously waiting the results - moreso than when the Australian election was on last month.

Comment

I voted for the Giant Douche...Didn't feel right about voting for the Turd Sandwich
                            "I'm a dick!"
                            "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

Originally posted by eugenen
                              Lady in front of me didn't vote for all the differnet offices and didn't hit the vote button afterward. I called one of the workers over and they tried to catch her but she was gone so they had to clear out what she had already chosen before I could start so she waited in line over an hour and her vote didn't even count because she didn't bother to finish. Since ours are electronic you have to vote for every office before you finish so I know since she didn't bother with half of them if they had caught her she would just have randomly hit buttons until it let her hit vote. I don't like how they do that because some of the issues and offices were so obscure it took me a lot of time trying to figure out just what they were and they didn't really affect me but I still had to do my best to decide who/what to vote for.
                              I agree!!! There are some times when you can't research every single person on the ballot. It's definitely better to be able to be undecided than to randomly pick and skew the votes.
                              Installation Complete, pics soon

EPIA M10000 in Morex 3688 case
                              FrodoPlayer
                              CoPilot Live 8

Back from long hiatus, will be rebuilding soon

Comment

Working...
                              X