Opinions on the BMW M3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the BMW M3

Well im looking into buying a BMW M3 (probably around a 96-98) within the next year or so and I just wanted to get your opinion on the car. I know quite a bit on teh car but never accualy driven one to date. Think the car is worth $15000-$18000? Thanks.
    CarPC Status:
    [||..........] 12%: Planning

Have:
    IRman PS2 Remote USB 2.0 Powered Hub Backup HD

Coming Soon:
    Aopen Pandora Celeron M 1.4 CPU 256/512 DDR2 So-DIMM RAM Lilliput 7" Touchscreen VGA Car Power Supply (M/Opus)

Originally posted by Rith
    Well im looking into buying a BMW M3 (probably around a 96-98) within the next year or so and I just wanted to get your opinion on the car. I know quite a bit on teh car but never accualy driven one to date. Think the car is worth $15000-$18000? Thanks.

M3's are sweet rides. My dad has a 02 convertible with the SMG shifter package. I'll probably end up getting a 98-02 M3 or 3 series next fall. Handling is superb in them, after all they were designed for the autoban. The coupe of course is a tad bit faster seen as it doesn't have the crap for the convertible roof. $15k - $18k is probably more towards the 96 end, or 98 with high mileage, it just depends on how it was drove/maintained. I know some people are hard as hell on those cars and it's tough buying them used.

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

thanks for your input. Im scared of the same thing (being ran hard) but hey they last for a while. I would love to get a e46 (as opposed to a 95-99 e36) but the price jumps like 20 grand in a year.
      CarPC Status:

Have:

Coming Soon:
      Aopen Pandora Celeron M 1.4 CPU 256/512 DDR2 So-DIMM RAM Lilliput 7" Touchscreen VGA Car Power Supply (M/Opus)

Comment

well, I sold my '96 M3 back in March for $21,500 and right now I hate my WRX and I'm selling it to buy another M3.... They are well worth the money but do not buy a high-milage car and make sure you have it fully inspected by a good BMW shop before you buy it... there are a lot of potentially hidden problems with M cars
        -- WireSix, Inc. --
        MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

Hope you can afford insurance on them. You'll be paying premiums for all those young drivers who crashed their m3s, just like you'd pay a premium for having a Supra.
          PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

stupid teenagers
            CarPC Status:

Have:

Coming Soon:

Comment

insurance on my m3 was cheaper than it is on my WRX and it is was also cheaper than my wife's IS300
              -- WireSix, Inc. --
              MP3Car Lives Here!

Comment

stupid teenagers
                Yep, otherwise I'd be driving a Supra N/A.
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I love my M3.. havent got a bad word for it :-) also insurance does hurt the pocket once a year
                  Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                    Hope you can afford insurance on them. You'll be paying premiums for all those young drivers who crashed their m3s, just like you'd pay a premium for having a Supra.
                    you *******, quit secretly making fun of me! it wasn't my fault i swear! rofl anyways they are damn sweet cars *tear*. And you people are all so damn rich, it makes me sad.
                    CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Originally posted by Grayscale
                      you *******, quit secretly making fun of me! it wasn't my fault i swear! rofl anyways they are damn sweet cars *tear*. And you people are all so damn rich, it makes me sad.
                      I'm not tryingto make fun you But yeh, some insurance companies flatly refuse to insure a teenager for just statistical analysis. Data shows that lots of teens with m3s end up crashing them; same for the MKIV supras
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

well im glad i will only be a tennager for 6 more months cant wait. And no im not super rich. Im fact I owe $12000 for college and my car. I just have high hopes in winning the lottery one day. Its not bad to dream
                        CarPC Status:

Have:

Coming Soon:

Comment

well im glad i will only be a tennager for 6 more months cant wait. And no im not super rich. Im fact I owe $12000 for college and my car. I just have high hopes in winning the lottery one day. Its not bad to dream
                          Nope.. not a bad dream. I'm planning to get a 95' 740iL as a present for myself after college
                          GammaControl v2.4
                          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

What about the 350z, RX8 and G35

Well if you guys had enough money to get a older M3, would you rather buy a 350z, a RX-8, a G35, a Crossfire, (or whatever else) or stick with the older m3?
                            CarPC Status:

Have:

Coming Soon:

Comment

Bah. Dont buy used, buy slightly new.

Whether its an old lady driving 2 miles a month, or a teen driving 100+MPh everyday on 90 degree turns, it all boils down to... time on the car.

Miles and time are the enemies are they not?

If you MUST have a certain car and the only way to afford it is go back more than 8 years on the model. You arent supposed to buy it. Capitalism has it set that way, every car thats within yer tax bracket stays there as the years go buy. YOu wont see someone driving a 2003 Focus and then driving a 1980 Mercedes.

We all buy what we can afford, if you cant, u aint supposed to have it.

As for insurance, **** EM. Find the cheapest county in yer state, and set up a PO box there and register yer car there. Then if yer a teen, LIE and put it under yer parents name. Insurance is the root of all evil. And not just car insurance. Paying money for something you dont get. Thats just great. Since when do yu goto Wal MArt (shudder) pay $200 and then walk out with nothing. INsurance is bull**** but its a must i guess. I wont talk about economics but I hate paying $ for nothing.
                              (All done)
                              iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Working...
                              X