Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old are you and what do you do for a living?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old are you and what do you do for a living?

It seems that everyone here is older than me and is some sort of electrical engineer Some of these threads with wiring diagrams, schematics, radioshack parts, etc. are way over my head...

I'm 21, full time college student, part-time work at a printshop for a few years now
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/seanklsc

It seems like everyone here is younger than me and is a college student.

All the references to putting stuff on CF cards by editing registry entries makes my head spin. I'll be lucky to figure this stuff out before Longhorn comes out!

I'm 41 and work full time on the air traffic control system....which explains why I can't figure out this newfangled computer stuff!
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25459
      Carputer Pics
      Xenarc, custom case, M10000, 40 gig 2.5" hard drive, laptop DVD burner, Wi-fi, Bluetooth, GPS mouse, FP 1.09, M1-ATX

Look for me on the track, cause that's where you'll find me.

Comment

I'm 24 and work for a rapidly growing chain of retirement communities. I do their IS purchasing and strategic sourcing for their projects for a total spend of $5 million this year and $1 million saved from retail. I'm making a few hundred shy of $50k. however, this is not my dream job and I tollerate it.

i have 2 degrees: an AA and BS in Computer Information Systems.

the IS market is bombed (use to be a web developer/sys admin) and got laid off for a year and half. I *almost* became a computer forenics investigator for the county police. this was my dream job, but i wanted to be for the feds, but at least the job I would love to do. long story short, I failed the polygraph due to my lack of disclosure of a full list of pirated software for my whole freakin life..I had checked with my investigator previous to the poly, and he said the whole list was not necessary. I was ranked #2 out of 576 applicates and only 3 were hired...I was against NSA and people with fed security clearances. I never cried so hard privately ever when my appeal to re-do the poly was denied and it all slipped away back to oblivian. it still bothers me 2 years later, but I've moved on.
        "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
        Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA, repost
          "I'm a dick!"
          "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

28, Web/Software Developer.
            MyMedia Website

Comment

22, full time CS student, with part time job.
              Installed
              Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
              512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
              Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
              [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Attractive 29 year old SWM "pleasantly plump" non smoker no drugs alcohol yes please seeks carputer for long term pleasure

I work at a speed shop (specifically a ford performance shop, but we do 'vettes and imports as well) installing superchargers, N2o, custom wiring, Digital fuel injection, you name it. I went thru Ford ASSET program for 2 years, and I was a Ford tech, for a dealer, for 4 years after, and left due to being unhappy with the ethics of a dealership.
                2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

17, research and development for NASA

Comment

27, I manually masturbate caged animals for artificial insemination
                    "I'm a dick!"
                    "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

...i dont know if I should laugh, cry, or feel sorry for you
                      2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

I'm 20, I'm a caged animal who earns bananas selling my sperm for artificial insemination. Thats right, I earn a living getting hand jobs constantly!
                        PC Components:
                        Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                        My work log

Comment

16, full time 11th grade student who programs on his spare time and tries to make his 9 year old car better
                          PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                          GammaControl v2.4
                          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

aw, poor kids only got a 95 LEXUS!!
                            PC Components:
                            Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
                            My work log

Comment

the dent in the side sucks though, sorry bout that man. Drunk driving?
                              PC Components:
                              My work log

Comment

Working...
                              X