Copy DVD's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy DVD's

Who's using what, to copy (their owned ) DVD movies?

I saw DVDX Copy is no longer? Now what?
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

get yourself a copy of DVD Shrink .. I think from the top of my head the latest version is 3.2. DVD Shrink is freeware and works perfect. I have never had any issues.

I would post I link to some guides on how to use it, but I dont want to get hit from a mod. if they say it is allowed I will post it

hope that helps

S

Comment

autoshrinkiso
      www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

Dvd decrypter and dvd shrink is what i use. Both are freeware and work flawlessly.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

DVD Shrink is the best program ever. I had a great conversation with a guy who uses macs last night, he didnt believe me that all I had to do was hit backup in dvd shrink and it would copy and compress it to the media. heh

-matt

Comment

Thanks people, I'll give DVDShrink a try.
            AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Do yourself a favor. Get autoshrinkiso. It uses DVDshrink AND DVDDecrypter. It just automates it.
              www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by blurp
                Do yourself a favor. Get autoshrinkiso. It uses DVDshrink AND DVDDecrypter. It just automates it.
                No reason to use AutoShrinkISO if you have win2000/XP with an NTFS partition as DVDShrink 3.1.7 and above can create an .iso image and burn it automatically with dvddecrypter.
                It has to start somewhere... It has to start sometime.
                What better place than here? What better time than now?

Comment

I have a DVD drive and a seperate DVD Burner in my system. Can I just do a direct disc copy like I can with a CD? Would I have any problem with copy protection? For purposes of my own backups only of course....
                  Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Big Zack
                    No reason to use AutoShrinkISO if you have win2000/XP with an NTFS partition as DVDShrink 3.1.7 and above can create an .iso image and burn it automatically with dvddecrypter.
                    My bad. Out of date info. I'm still using 3.1.5.
                    www.bradleyjacobs.com

Comment

I will be copying DVDs.... my lite-on 48/12/48 took a crap on me, so I'm getting a plextor SATA DVD+-R/RW burner
                      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I used dvd shrink most of the time. It is a good program. If you only want to back up the movie and none of the extras i recommend that you go to "re author" mode and just select the movie title and get rid of any audio tracks that you dont need(commentary, second language, etc) this will give you the best back up of the original film w/ the least if any recompression at all.

If you want to backup the whole disc but drop the quaility on the extras more then the movie, i would use dvd-rebuilider along with dvd decrypter.this involves recreating the whole dvd and can take a few hrs but the results are pretty good. I have a link to a nice guide on how to do this if any one is interested. just pm me for it or if a mod says its ok to post it ill post a link to the guide
                        amd 1700, biostar m7ncg 400, hitachi deskstar 120 8mb , 512 pc2700, liliput 7"
                        now to put it all together

Comment

DVD Shrink comes up with this error message.
                          I running XPPro (at work) don't have a dvd burner here yet, I was just trying to copy a movie to my HD.
                          I tried a couple of dvd's...same error. Help?

How about a DVD Decoder, where can I get a free one?
                          Attached Files
                          AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods

Comment

Working...
                          X