Opening a letter w/o breaking seal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening a letter w/o breaking seal?

Does anyone know how to open a letter without breaking the seal or breaking the seal in such a way you can put it back?

Boil a pot of water, hold the envelope in the steam to apply moisture and heat to the glue seal. With care, you should be able to open it, then seal it again using something like a glue stick or other adhesive. It won't pass CSI, but your parents should accept your new grades assuming you didn't give yourself all A's.

Suggestion, practice on other envelopes first. Ones that have been glued for days, not ones you licked the same day you tried practicing. Junk mail has to be good for SOMETHING.
    Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
    http://hallert.net/

Comment

You could also use an iron on the "steam" setting. Just be careful, because that steam is HOT.
      DashPC - The Linux Car (since 1999).

Dash LCD, Via Epia, GPS, XM, OBDII, DSSC Shutdown Controller.

As seen in the book Geek My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by XxAndyxX
        Does anyone know how to open a letter without breaking the seal or breaking the seal in such a way you can put it back?
        If this is a letter that's intended for someone else, this is a felony.

But all the steam metods are likely to work. If you use TOO much steam (or water), however, the glue will become useless.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

haha, whats coming in the mail?!?!?

Im guessing that free condom from www.trojan.com?
          '02 GTI
          [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
          [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
          [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
          [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
          Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

Yeah, just poke a couple holes in them with a needle and BAM, instant little brother/sister.

Comment

Yeah...I smell something fishy..
              1999 Plymouth Voyager (That's right, big-pimpin' in a minivan.)
              PC built into console
              worklog with pics: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46359

Some of my music: http://www.myspace.com/markquestion

Comment

wait....trojan sends free condoms?

mental note: DO NOT PAY FOR CONDOMS, THE COMPANIES SEND THEM OUT FOR FREE.
                softmodded xbox, PSOne screen, inverter. simple and effective. Combine with PDA and head unit with aux input, and we're having a wonderful time.

Comment

Geez, free condoms are hardly that big a deal. Visit Planned Parenthood someday, and be amazed.

Of course, if your condom needs are such that you need them so infrequently as to be able to request them by mail... sorry.

Comment

not tonight honey, im waiting for a package....
                    2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

I find nothing wrong with this. I figure I'll request one from a different company every month, possibly using codenames to get the job done. how long do condoms last unused? I figure I can end up with a small backlog for sudden spikes in sexual activity.
                      softmodded xbox, PSOne screen, inverter. simple and effective. Combine with PDA and head unit with aux input, and we're having a wonderful time.

Comment

Originally posted by gospeed.racer
                        not tonight honey, im waiting for a package....
                        At which point she immediatly packs her bags and heads off to her mums thinking you have just got into S&M and the gimp suit and 12 inch rubber dildo is on the way!

Condoms last for ages - they have a best before date. And if you want them free over here you just head down to the family planning clinic but they are always durex ultra safe (as they have to cater for all sexual activity ) so you can't feel anything and get put off sex - hence the best contraception and STD protection!

Comment

Who needs a condom? Just pull it out and play some paintball...
                          '02 GTI
                          [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
                          [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
                          [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
                          [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
                          Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

Originally posted by judoGTI
                            Who needs a condom? Just pull it out and play some paintball...

I like the old pull it out, spit on her back and wait till she turns round!
                            (i can't believe i just wrote that!)

I hope we are not aiding a felony here btw!

Comment

Originally posted by XxAndyxX
                              Dude spill the beans.... who? what? when? where? and why?
                              -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Working...
                              X