Slideshow avatars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slideshow avatars?

So...anyone wanna run me thru what it takes to make a slideshow avatar? I assume it is a .gif image, but how do I create the .gif? This is probably a very simple task, but I have been googling for hours and cant find anything of relevance.
    2005 Ford Focus ST

Hi Godspeed, I used fireworks to create my gif. I started with a long multi-frame one and chopped frames, reduced the number of colours and decreased the gif quality in the optimise settings until i got it down to 20k which is the limit on the forum. I had quite a lot of frames so i had to be a bit ruthless but you still get the idea of whats going on.

if you haven't created a gif before then it is just a series of images (in frames) and you can set the frame timings so you can have one frame up for long time - like my last frame with the guys face. that is set to 30ms where as the others are set to 10 or summit. I always use fireworks to make mine as it is important to use a good qulaity program to get the file size down so complicated gifs don't stutter. Like you shoudl always use a decent program to resize other images.

Comment

Thanks! I will check that out.
      2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

WHOA! Thats expensive! I went with "Ulead Gif Animator" for a free 15 day trial...just gotta work fast! I am sure that program works much better, but I dont need $300 worth of avatars
        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

microsoft has a free gif animator out there.

Comment

Doh!
            2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

I really hate to be a dick, but I would advise you to exercise extreme care with using animated avatars. They tend to be distracting. Simple animations with few moving pixels placed in strategic locations tend to work best - please try to avoid full image transitions... (the loogey monkey is very discrete

Just a thought. Feel free to spam me if necessary. But not on this thread, only PM spams will be accepted. )
              http://www.jeepmp3.com/
              CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
              Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

so are these the type that are distr.....what was I saying?:
                Attached Files
                2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by gospeed.racer
                  so are these the type that are distr.....what was I saying?:
                  I'm trying to think of a response, but.... aww screw it....
                  http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                  CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                  Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

yea thats the dis....
                    I had a perfect quote to go here,
                    but hell only knows what I did with it....

Comment

Working...
                    X