Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I build my credit without loan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do I build my credit without loan?

    Well, I went to go get financed for a 2004 RX8 instead of the Evolution. Turned out my credit dropped 100 points from last year. I asked them wtf was with that...and they told me that inactivity with your credit, lowers your credit. And so I can no longer get financed for a damn new car. They say if my credit was the same as it was a year ago, they would have signed me up right away.

    So I'm forced to go with a Used car. I found a nice 6 year old car that I LOVE. And would kick the evolution and rx8's ***... '99 WS6 30th Aniversary Trans Am Pace Car! 15grand! But the finance charges are going to be high unless I can bring up my credit score before I buy it in a month or so. I allready found out a legal cheat around the finance charge, so I'll be paying the car off in half the time, and with half the percentage.

    But I need to know how to bring it up...any credit people in here? Any tips welcome!
    -Josh
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    My URL: https://www.facebook.com/jagray85

    XBOX: DarkerStars

  • #2
    Hold on... you said you wanted a reliable car? Well, this isn't it
    The 99 trans-am has the same reliability rating as a 96 dodge neon...

    All according to edmunds.com
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

    1995 Lexus SC300

    Comment


    • #3
      I want a fun car. I allready own 2 reliable cars.
      -Josh
      1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
      My URL: https://www.facebook.com/jagray85

      XBOX: DarkerStars

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nFiniteTuning
        I want a fun car. I allready own 2 reliable cars.
        Didn't you say you wanted to get the EVO to have a reliable car? I don't really consider an old accord with no engine as a car.

        Plus, the trans am is ugly, very very ugly IMO. It looks like a riced out civic with those two damn nostrils and painted headlights
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

        1995 Lexus SC300

        Comment


        • #5
          I own a 96 Dodge Stratus and a 87 Honda Accord. Right now the Stratus just got a new clutch, the accord is getting a brand new engine rebuild. The engine on the accord was allready started, but I pulled the engine back out to do some custom shtuff to it. I can't get rid of the accord..but I can't drive it all the time any more. I'm soo bored with it. I wanted the evo because its fun....and new. And shouldn't have to be fixed for a VERY LONG TIME. The Trans Am shouldn't either, Domestic cars are soo easy to work on.
          -Josh
          1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
          My URL: https://www.facebook.com/jagray85

          XBOX: DarkerStars

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nFiniteTuning
            And shouldn't have to be fixed for a VERY LONG TIME. The Trans Am shouldn't either, Domestic cars are soo easy to work on.
            While the trans am may be easy to work on, you'll be working on it for quite a while according to the ratings. I'm pretty sure that there are many other cars that are just as fun to drive, and cost around the same but actually come with reliability ratings of over 3/5
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

            1995 Lexus SC300

            Comment


            • #7
              Every person i've spoken to who's owned one, has said they are very reliable and haven't had any problems with them, even after they supe them up.

              Name a good fun car, thats 99 and up....thats reliable? I can't think of anything. I wanted the evolution soo bad, but My credit isn't enough. So I tried a RX8...my credit wasn't high enough. So the price has to be under 21. Scion tC is an option...but its FWD and only has like 140hp.

              The T/A is extreamly friggin powerful, fun with a 6spd...and is a collectors car. A Peice of history. (Its one of the real pace cars, not a replica)

              Only other car I can find that would interest me is rice. Or a regular...extreamly plain WRX. But I dont see that as a car that is reliable. concidering my friend owns one.

              All the other cars I really want, are too expensive until I build up my credit...and that will take a year....which when I pay off this car (whatever it may be), I'll be giving it to my wife and gettin a new car for myself....so thats possible for a 2008 Evolution

              Right now I just need to get my finance rate down before I get it so I dont have to pay 3k in finance charges.
              -Josh
              1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
              My URL: https://www.facebook.com/jagray85

              XBOX: DarkerStars

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nFiniteTuning
                Every person i've spoken to who's owned one, has said they are very reliable and haven't had any problems with them, even after they supe them up.

                Name a good fun car, thats 99 and up....thats reliable? I can't think of anything. I wanted the evolution soo bad, but My credit isn't enough. So I tried a RX8...my credit wasn't high enough. So the price has to be under 21. Scion tC is an option...but its FWD and only has like 140hp.

                The T/A is extreamly friggin powerful, fun with a 6spd...and is a collectors car. A Peice of history. (Its one of the real pace cars, not a replica)

                Only other car I can find that would interest me is rice. Or a regular...extreamly plain WRX. But I dont see that as a car that is reliable. concidering my friend owns one.

                All the other cars I really want, are too expensive until I build up my credit...and that will take a year....which when I pay off this car (whatever it may be), I'll be giving it to my wife and gettin a new car for myself....so thats possible for a 2008 Evolution

                Right now I just need to get my finance rate down before I get it so I dont have to pay 3k in finance charges.
                I guess you made up your mind already. Good luck.

                About the financing... I think there were a few threads about that on www.clublexus.com.
                PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

                1995 Lexus SC300

                Comment


                • #9
                  so after all that discussion about the Evo and how you could afford it etc etc and wanted the Evo as it was your dream car you settle for that for $15K!!!!

                  OMG!

                  I would take it as fate that your credit stopped yo buying the Evo as it knew it would be a big mistake. I just thought you would have gone out and bought an older Evo and settled for that or just waited a while. You have your Honda so why do you need to go buy a nother car. Personally if I needed to boost my credit I would go do something sensible like buy a house and stop wasting money on rent.

                  I think i am being ambitious saving up for my new car - was gonna be a WRX but now thinking i might do something far more sensible and grown up and get a Merc C-Class - far more bling, lower depreciation and the best build quality Germany has to offer.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 0l33l
                    While the trans am may be easy to work on, you'll be working on it for quite a while according to the ratings. I'm pretty sure that there are many other cars that are just as fun to drive, and cost around the same but actually come with reliability ratings of over 3/5
                    Indeed, and according to Consumer Reports, Camaro/Trans Am have by the far the worst reliabitlity... even worse than the Mitsu Eclipse (previous gen) Something to think about.
                    I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                      I think i am being ambitious saving up for my new car - was gonna be a WRX but now thinking i might do something far more sensible and grown up and get a Merc C-Class - far more bling, lower depreciation and the best build quality Germany has to offer.
                      I was going to comment that Merc is not all that reliable... but then I remembered that apparently Europeans get better cars than Americans Merc has been getting bad rep lately on this side of the pond, especially the E-class. And from what I know, VW's in US have atrocious reliability record for some of the models, yet those same cars do just fine in Europe. At least I know you pay more for gas
                      I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pay off your credit cards. Get more cards and keep there balance at zero. Use them, just pay them off in full. Then get a cell phone in your name. Make sure it's paid off in full every month. Buy a house and pay your mortgage every month. Thank you might khave the credit to buy your car.

                        Can you co-sign with someone? Thats what I had to do with ym father. It's in both of our names, but it's effectivly mine because I pay for it 100%.
                        ,./(0)3

                        '04 Canyon 4x4 pickup

                        [---PC on hold----working on external fiberglass "tool" box---]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by EBFoxbat
                          Pay off your credit cards. Get more cards and keep there balance at zero. Use them, just pay them off in full. Then get a cell phone in your name. Make sure it's paid off in full every month. Buy a house and pay your mortgage every month. Thank you might khave the credit to buy your car.

                          Can you co-sign with someone? Thats what I had to do with ym father. It's in both of our names, but it's effectivly mine because I pay for it 100%.
                          Yeah good advice ont he cards and phone and ****.

                          As for co-signing - would you co-sign with someone who earns $24K and is buying a $36K car? I wouldn't!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rushnrockt
                            I was going to comment that Merc is not all that reliable... but then I remembered that apparently Europeans get better cars than Americans Merc has been getting bad rep lately on this side of the pond, especially the E-class. And from what I know, VW's in US have atrocious reliability record for some of the models, yet those same cars do just fine in Europe. At least I know you pay more for gas
                            If Europe really are getting better cars than America, then Mercedes really are in trouble!

                            In the results of one of the biggest Owner Surveys in the UK, mercedes did very poorly, even managing to grab the very bottom spot in customer satisfaction with the M Class.
                            Considering they sell their cars on build quality and dependibility this really is a terrible result

                            I was looking to buy an Previous shape SL all last year, and the only thing that has stopped me buying what is IMHO a wonderfully styled car is the reliability issues of Mercedes as a whole.

                            Why sell a 10 year old faultless Mitsubishi risk buying something 3 times the price, 1/3 the age, and with pretentions to dependibility that it cannot deliver!
                            Project F.T.P.C.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Every experience i have had with Mercs they have not failed to impress. Everyone knows how good Japanese cars are but i want somwthing with a bit more status and presence. Those surveys are very good but they don't take into consideration that the people who buy a merc or a BMW are very different to the type of person who buys a Honda Civic and in terms of the satisfaction part of the survey what people expect from their car will be very different. People will go buy a Merc with the highest expectations so any little thing will be bad. As for reliability my friend has a 220K mile c-class and it still goes well and looks good and everyone else i know who has them keeps buying them and returns anything else they have tried. I don't really need a hugely powerful car and would rathe rhave something that makes me feel good as i drive around in it.

                              There is not a Jap car that appeals to me and when looking at those surveys look at all the renaults and citroens and pug in the bottom of the chart and you wonder why people buy them.

                              anyway, better stp thread jacking and not turn this into another thread about comparing cars.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X