Sky TV.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky TV.....

Is it just me, or do all ******* sky channels show their adverts at the same time all the time...??? How annoying is that!
    In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Bunny's first poo
    __ U

Originally posted by Spaghetti
    Is it just me, or do all ******* sky channels show their adverts at the same time all the time...??? How annoying is that!
    That ain't just Sky TV. That's most networks, broadcast or satellite or cable....
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
      That ain't just Sky TV. That's most networks, broadcast or satellite or cable....
      He's from the UK though, where they have TV Tax to keep the commercials at bay.

American TV is LOADED with commercials, none of which are interesting, original, or factual. People here are starting to just ignore TV. I'm so fed up with it I don't even want a TV in my house.
      Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
      Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
      sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Originally posted by lgbr
        He's from the UK though, where they have TV Tax to keep the commercials at bay.

American TV is LOADED with commercials, none of which are interesting, original, or factual. People here are starting to just ignore TV. I'm so fed up with it I don't even want a TV in my house.
        Yeah man, grew up on the BBC etc, but even that's going down the pan! And at least on terrestrial TV you can flick to the other independant channels or on to the BBC and you can catch something interesting to while away the (increasingly) long commercial breaks - not on SKY or cable though - nearly all the channels show adverts at pretty much the same time. And speaking of long adverts on the commercial terrestrial channels; I don't mind the adverts - it's what pays for the programmes/flims, but every fifeen to twenty minutes (especially during a movie) is just a joke. I know Americans put up with far worse. I dunno how you do it - it just ****es me off so much!
        In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")
        Bunny's first poo
        __ U

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti
          Yeah man, grew up on the BBC etc, but even that's going down the pan! And at least on terrestrial TV you can flick to the other independant channels or on to the BBC and you can catch something interesting to while away the (increasingly) long commercial breaks - not on SKY or cable though - nearly all the channels show adverts at pretty much the same time. And speaking of long adverts on the commercial terrestrial channels; I don't mind the adverts - it's what pays for the programmes/flims, but every fifeen to twenty minutes (especially during a movie) is just a joke. I know Americans put up with far worse. I dunno how you do it - it just ****es me off so much!
          We are very, very bored. Often lazy. Most of the people that I know who really get into TV either rely on the internet so they can download the shows without commercials, or lead incredibly uninteresting lives.

American TV networks have been syncronizing their commercials for years. However the effectiveness of TV commercials is deteriorating very fast for several reasons:

1. The Internet
          2. The Commercials are getting worse
          3. Consumers are getting better at tuning them out.

New forms of advertising are popping up, however. Its more effective for advertisers to incorporate their product into movies (See I, Robot). However it seems TV is doomed.
          Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
          Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
          sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Forget TV commercials...now every time I PAY to see a movie in a theatre, I have to sit through 10 minutes of ****ty commercials that I don't want to see! Fuchers.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaCha
              Forget TV commercials...now every time I PAY to see a movie in a theatre, I have to sit through 10 minutes of ****ty commercials that I don't want to see! Fuchers.

Now that really ****es me off. Nothing like driving like a crazy bastard to catch the beginning of a movie, only to find you're actually 20 minutes early! Even worse is almost finishing your mega-expensive popcorn by the time the movie starts, 'cause you've been watching frickin' adverts. Then there's taking your time getting to the cinema thinking the beginning of the screening is gonna be adverts, but they actually showed the movie on time!!!!!
              In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")
              Bunny's first poo
              __ U

Comment

Yeah you are paying subscriptions to watch the adverts

I dont know why people put up with it.

Comment

Working...