Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee and Electronics don't mix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coffee and Electronics don't mix

    I had a "coffee incident" in my car this morning, and now my stereo is dead. It looks like I will be starting my carputer project earlier then I expected.

    I am just trying to decide if I should start with a head unit with aux audio inputs for connecting to my sound card, or go all out and just get an amp and try to find a USB radio.

    My wife still likes to have AM radio for traffic reports, and we have some music on tape that we haven't converted to CD or MP3 yet, so I am probably going to go with a new head unit, but the double DIN opening in my Saturn SL2 looks about perfect for a touch screen, so I am really torn between the choices.

    Alan

  • #2
    yes the whatever din in my saturn SL loves the touchscreen If you can stand a couple months without the radio I would wait for the AM/FM RDS radio that is being developed by the members of this site.
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

    Comment


    • #3
      Dunno where you live but XM radio has good traffic reports for some of the major metropolitan areas. I get the Washinton D.C. reports from it. If it works for you, add XM to the set up and don't worry about AM.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bugbyte
        Dunno where you live but XM radio has good traffic reports for some of the major metropolitan areas. I get the Washinton D.C. reports from it. If it works for you, add XM to the set up and don't worry about AM.
        I am in the DC area, but we usualy want the traffic info when we are travelling. XM might be a good choice if I can convince her it is worth the monthly fee.

        Thanks for the advice

        Alan

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jcdillin
          yes the whatever din in my saturn SL loves the touchscreen If you can stand a couple months without the radio I would wait for the AM/FM RDS radio that is being developed by the members of this site.

          Which touchscreen are you using? My Saturn is a 2000. I think the '99 and '00 have the same console.

          Alan

          Comment


          • #6
            I am using a lilliput, you have to modify the case a little but it works quite well. I dont think they changed it in the '00's
            肚子笑痛了
            S60 Install

            Comment


            • #7
              http://www.compfused.com/directlink/601/
              I GIVE FREE HUGS!
              Buy Sell or Trade
              If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
              Thank you
              Forex
              Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

              Comment


              • #8
                肚子笑痛了
                S60 Install

                Comment


                • #9
                  So, the stereo dried out and started working again last night. I guess I have a little more time to save for my system so I can do it right.

                  Alan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jjh221
                    I saw it coming but still ****ed myself!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jjh221
                      That was really good. My "incident" wasn't quite a stupid, but it wasn't great. I bought a "vente" coffee at Starbucks and went to take a drink while at a stop light. I grabbed the cup, and the sides collapsed, popping the top off and sending coffee all over the center console. I will ALWAYS use a travel mug from now on.

                      Alan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by techguru
                        That was really good. My "incident" wasn't quite a stupid, but it wasn't great. I bought a "vente" coffee at Starbucks and went to take a drink while at a stop light. I grabbed the cup, and the sides collapsed, popping the top off and sending coffee all over the center console. I will ALWAYS use a travel mug from now on.

                        Alan

                        Just trying to lighten things up. Hope it put a smile on your face.
                        I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                        Buy Sell or Trade
                        If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                        Thank you
                        Forex
                        Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X