Coffee and Electronics don't mix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee and Electronics don't mix

I had a "coffee incident" in my car this morning, and now my stereo is dead. It looks like I will be starting my carputer project earlier then I expected.

I am just trying to decide if I should start with a head unit with aux audio inputs for connecting to my sound card, or go all out and just get an amp and try to find a USB radio.

My wife still likes to have AM radio for traffic reports, and we have some music on tape that we haven't converted to CD or MP3 yet, so I am probably going to go with a new head unit, but the double DIN opening in my Saturn SL2 looks about perfect for a touch screen, so I am really torn between the choices.

Alan

yes the whatever din in my saturn SL loves the touchscreen If you can stand a couple months without the radio I would wait for the AM/FM RDS radio that is being developed by the members of this site.
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Comment

Dunno where you live but XM radio has good traffic reports for some of the major metropolitan areas. I get the Washinton D.C. reports from it. If it works for you, add XM to the set up and don't worry about AM.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte
        Dunno where you live but XM radio has good traffic reports for some of the major metropolitan areas. I get the Washinton D.C. reports from it. If it works for you, add XM to the set up and don't worry about AM.
        I am in the DC area, but we usualy want the traffic info when we are travelling. XM might be a good choice if I can convince her it is worth the monthly fee.

Thanks for the advice

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by jcdillin
          yes the whatever din in my saturn SL loves the touchscreen If you can stand a couple months without the radio I would wait for the AM/FM RDS radio that is being developed by the members of this site.

Which touchscreen are you using? My Saturn is a 2000. I think the '99 and '00 have the same console.

Alan

Comment

I am using a lilliput, you have to modify the case a little but it works quite well. I dont think they changed it in the '00's
            肚子笑痛了
            S60 Install

Comment

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/601/
              I GIVE FREE HUGS!
              Buy Sell or Trade
              If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
              Thank you
              Forex
              Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

肚子笑痛了
                S60 Install

Comment

So, the stereo dried out and started working again last night. I guess I have a little more time to save for my system so I can do it right.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by jjh221
                    I saw it coming but still ****ed myself!

Comment

Originally posted by jjh221
                      That was really good. My "incident" wasn't quite a stupid, but it wasn't great. I bought a "vente" coffee at Starbucks and went to take a drink while at a stop light. I grabbed the cup, and the sides collapsed, popping the top off and sending coffee all over the center console. I will ALWAYS use a travel mug from now on.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by techguru
                        That was really good. My "incident" wasn't quite a stupid, but it wasn't great. I bought a "vente" coffee at Starbucks and went to take a drink while at a stop light. I grabbed the cup, and the sides collapsed, popping the top off and sending coffee all over the center console. I will ALWAYS use a travel mug from now on.

Alan

Just trying to lighten things up. Hope it put a smile on your face.
                        I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                        Buy Sell or Trade
                        If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                        Thank you
                        Forex
                        Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Working...
                        X