Windows bootup BSOD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows bootup BSOD

I got a call before form someone saying that their PC came up with a BSOD saying something like 'boot sequence failed' and it also came up with something about needing to run a virus check and i wondering if anyone has any ideas.

The problem happened after they could not login so pulled the plug on it.

My best guess is that it is the botsector or summit and i wondered if the Windows recovery console could help usng the fixboot command.

Cheers,

Scouse

the Master Boot Record was erased. Often motherboards have virus scanners built into them and will say it may be a virus if the boot fails. Make sure they don't have a floppy disk in, and through the windows recovery console, try the command `fixmbr`
    Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
    Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
    sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

cheers Igbr, that was my thought. Iw as just writing down how to do it but i don't want to test it out on any of my machines as they work.

Gonna be hard to explain to someone computer illiterate how to get to the recovery console!!!

Damn, my laptop just rebooted while i was writing that- i am practicing on it and i have optimised the boot so well (was gonna be my carPC) that it boots bloody quick!

Comment

if you have a machine that you don't care for, boot up a linux livecd like gentoo and run grub.
        Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
        Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
        sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Originally posted by lgbr
          if you have a machine that you don't care for, boot up a linux livecd like gentoo and run grub.
          no such luck. My main Pc is a P3 as it's all i got ( ) and he is in London and I am in Bristol! (over 150 miles away)

Comment

Working...
          X