Whats this tool called?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats this tool called?

Ive been trying to get my stering dampener off but the bolt is rusted in and i need to get a tip to use with my air hammer but i dont knwo whats its called, Its like a U chaped wedge that will go around the bolt and pull it out. any ideas what its called and where i can get it?
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
    2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

is the nut rounded?? or just heavly rusted??

get some WD40 (thin oil) into it and let it soak.. then ram it off with an impact driver..

i know what tool ur talking about but i dont know the name either sorry. al i can think that is like that is a tie rod seperator. but that wont go into no gun
    View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

Actually thats it! this one i just found a image will work with the air hammer but maybe ill just get a cheap standard one and beat it with a hammer. i dont know if its rusted at all its just seezed up in their and i have a 1/4"+ gap to get the tool under it.

1990 Jeep Cherokee
      2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
      2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

In the industry it is often called a "pickle fork" as well. Just in case your searching. here is another pic
        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Nut buster works wonders!

Comment

you could try a nut splitter but be careful you don't wreck your threads. Also try a 12 pointed socket not the usual hex ones and get a decent profesional qulaity one - decent tools are amazing compared to cheap ****.

Comment

Originally posted by WebDog
              Actually thats it! this one i just found a image will work with the air hammer but maybe ill just get a cheap standard one and beat it with a hammer. i dont know if its rusted at all its just seezed up in their and i have a 1/4"+ gap to get the tool under it.

That looks like a ball joint separator. thos ehtings **** the rubber shields on ball joints if you are not careful.

Comment

Originally posted by WebDog
                Ive been trying to get my stering dampener off but the bolt is rusted in and i need to get a tip to use with my air hammer but i dont knwo whats its called, Its like a U chaped wedge that will go around the bolt and pull it out. any ideas what its called and where i can get it?
                Target practice?
                PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

i got the tie rod seperator ($9.99) and it poped it right off

The car drives so much better now, i also tightend the AC belt since it screamed some times haha...

That looks like a ball joint separator. thos ehtings **** the rubber shields on ball joints if you are not careful.
                  Good thing i was not removing a ball joint, Metal - Metal is what i had and it would not have matterd since i was replaceing the bolts.
                  1990 Jeep Cherokee
                  2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                  2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                  X