MSN virus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSN virus

There is an MSN virus going round. Just got back from a weekend away and a few of my mates MSN me with this message:

"OMG this is so funny! http://jose....."

the 1st time i saw it i thought it was dodgy, but clicked it and a 'save as' box came up and then i kind of woke up and realised. FOrtuntely i use firefox so i think i am ok.

then i told the guy i think he has a virus and he relaised he did and then 3 more friends MSN did the same when they logged in.

Just thought i would post about it. If anyone has any details about it please post em up here.

Andy

Hey,

Got sent this today by a couple of contacts. I instatly knew it was a virus ( sixth sense after you have seen a few + pif file and I know the contact who sent me it would not send me a picture and would not write in that format ) but it seems some of my contacts managed to get it. Helped a couple removing it, it is a trogan which is controled by people in irc

Comment

yeah i was half asleep - should have known better so now have to stay up while my PC runs all its scans but i think i am clean. No matter though as i now have all my friends PCs to fix as they all ignored my pleas to use firefox and get spyware and decent antivrius!

Comment

yeah that would be nice, but that is wishful thinking.
        肚子笑痛了
        S60 Install

Comment

Oh man I can't stand MSN *shivers*. I wish everyone still used ICQ!
          Dak TruckPuter:

Mac: - Researching and Awaiting Funds

Changed to planning for a Mac Mini Trukputer...w3rd.

Comment

I do!
            肚子笑痛了
            S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by jcdillin
              I do!
              I don't, kept getting messages of people who wanted to talk dirty and send me naked pics of themselves! hehe (ok maybe we used to keep it going jsut for that purpose when we were drunk - by we i mean my female flatmates - they loved it)

MSN is just easier as all my mates use it and messenger used to come with windows.

Also, my hotmail is used for mp3car so whenever soemone replies to a subscribed thread my msn tells me - which i like cos hotmail through outlook is gash!

Comment

can i add you scouse?
                CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

Originally posted by Motoko
                  can i add you scouse?
                  that depends if you want to send me naked pics or not?

Comment

mainly cyber sex but what ever floats your boat :P
                    CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

Originally posted by Motoko
                      mainly cyber sex but what ever floats your boat :P
                      I would say what i like but I think i would offend a few people and break a few forum rules

Comment

Gaim is number one for me. Then icq. Only use msn for remote assistance.
                        I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                        Buy Sell or Trade
                        If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                        Thank you
                        Forex
                        Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grimey
                          Oh man I can't stand MSN *shivers*. I wish everyone still used ICQ!
                          I used to use ICQ but now all I use it MSN. I have never had a problem with it and I think ICQ is pretty crappy now. What version of MSN are you guys using? I know there were some issues with pre-MSN 6.2 versions.
                          AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                          Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                          Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                          -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

i am using the new beta one, 7, it has winks like yahoo and nudges

I like the message history of MSN - handy for seeing where you are up to with various ladys

Comment

I pretty much use them all, but I use MSN and AIM mostly for talking to MP3car members.
                              肚子笑痛了
                              S60 Install

Comment

Working...
                              X