Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a strange world

Customer: Worcester sauce crisps please

Shopkeeper: Sorry can't, it's off the shelves, cancer scare.

Customer: Oh right, Chinese Chicken Wings?

Shopkeeper: Ah that's the same , Cancer scare

Customer: Hamburger Relish?

Shopkeeper: Cancer scare

Customer: Sausage and Mash?

Shopkeeper: Cancer scare

Customer: Cottage Pie?

Shopkeeper: Yes, ...no wait, Cancer scare.

Customer: So they're all off the shelves because of a Cancer scare?

Shopkeeper: Yes

Customer: (sigh) Just give me a packet of fags then.

Shopkeeper: Certainly. 5.50 please.

WOOHOOO

I hate the heath service. Millions spent on saving "victims" of 'suicide by percentage' hobbies, and anyone with a non self inflicted problem left to rot.
    ****ers.
    Smokers should be shot.

Thankyou.

(Not nescessarily shot dead you understand, it'd just be funny to watch them limp about with a hit in the lower leg)
    Cat
    Woot, or something.
    Epia M10000 (less rubbish than the 800) :: LCD touchscreen
    GPS :: 80G drive :: Not enough ram... Never enough..

Comment

And all people not eating healthy too then?

Oh, and I don't think a certain monkey is going to like what you said cat!

BTW, it's not because the health service is not fair that the smokers should be shot, rather shoot those spineless politicians!
      List of front-ends/usefull apps
      XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Originally posted by JC-S60
        And all people not eating healthy too then?

Oh, and I don't think a certain monkey is going to like what you said cat!

BTW, it's not because the health service is not fair that the smokers should be shot, rather shoot those spineless politicians!
        How about compromise... shoot both?
        I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin
          I hate the heath service. Millions spent on saving "victims" of 'suicide by percentage' hobbies, and anyone with a non self inflicted problem left to rot.
          ****ers.

Smokers should be shot.
          So EVERYONE that does something stupid should be shot then?????... Man on ladder falls cracks his head open... he should be shot.. His own fault for not getting someone to hold it... Depressed person attempts suicide.. Shoot em, sod helping em get better...

Yeah.. OK... I do kind of see your point but you fail to see not everyone who smokes wants too... When you start as a kid you don't know better... and it is a total ***** *** pain to quit, believe me. I suppose I shot be shot for using the NHS for nicotine patches, too

I do think insensitive smokers, who not only smoke around others, but around children (including there own) and try and 'defend' their habit might be good candidates for your suggestion however.
          Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
          Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

OMG perfect - a rant about the NHS is in order...

I have just been to the dentist for the 1st time since june 1998 when i left school (went to the dentist drunk).

My wisdom teeth have been stuck half out for years and keep getting infected which then spreads down to my gums leaving me in a lot of pain every one or 2 months with swollen glands in my throat and generally feeling like **** - as you do when you glands get infected. So i decide to go to the dentist.

Anyway, dntist says they take student son the NHS so i go along but they then point out i am 25 so have to pay bt i can claim it back if i fill out a low income form. So thats 48 for a 1st visit checkup and a few xrays.

She take sone look at my wisdom teeth and agrees they all have to come out. She is busy remarking jus thow perfect the res tof my teeth are and then she checks the last non-wisdom tooth and finds a small hole due to the fact i cant brush properly due to the problem with my wisdom teeth. Gutted - 1st ever filling but at 25 having not been to the dentist for 7 years and brushing my teeth once a day i think i have got off lightly.

Anyway, back to money - 48 for checkup, 80 for a filling, 30 for a clean and 150 a side for my wisdom teeth.

I can't have a white filling ont he NHS as it is in the back but i really don't want a metal one - don't trust em and i don't want a black filling - event though it is in the back and top of my mouth. And to wait and get my teeth pulled on the NHS will be 9 to 12 months!!!!! Bollox!

Is 80 usual for a small white filling???? seems a bit off to me. I can go NHS and aget a filling for like 17 or if i want white pay full price! Why won't the NHS just let me pay the difference between a white and metal filling?? what a stupid policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
              OMG perfect - a rant about the NHS is in order...

I have just been to the dentist for the 1st time since june 1998 when i left school (went to the dentist drunk).

My wisdom teeth have been stuck half out for years and keep getting infected which then spreads down to my gums leaving me in a lot of pain every one or 2 months with swollen glands in my throat and generally feeling like **** - as you do when you glands get infected. So i decide to go to the dentist.

Anyway, dntist says they take student son the NHS so i go along but they then point out i am 25 so have to pay bt i can claim it back if i fill out a low income form. So thats 48 for a 1st visit checkup and a few xrays.

She take sone look at my wisdom teeth and agrees they all have to come out. She is busy remarking jus thow perfect the res tof my teeth are and then she checks the last non-wisdom tooth and finds a small hole due to the fact i cant brush properly due to the problem with my wisdom teeth. Gutted - 1st ever filling but at 25 having not been to the dentist for 7 years and brushing my teeth once a day i think i have got off lightly.

Anyway, back to money - 48 for checkup, 80 for a filling, 30 for a clean and 150 a side for my wisdom teeth.

I can't have a white filling ont he NHS as it is in the back but i really don't want a metal one - don't trust em and i don't want a black filling - event though it is in the back and top of my mouth. And to wait and get my teeth pulled on the NHS will be 9 to 12 months!!!!! Bollox!

Is 80 usual for a small white filling???? seems a bit off to me. I can go NHS and aget a filling for like 17 or if i want white pay full price! Why won't the NHS just let me pay the difference between a white and metal filling?? what a stupid policy.

Expensive... but cheap compared to private.. I paid the best part of a thousand for a root canal and a couple of fillings! Dentist was good, was a posh one.

I went to the NHS dentist by my work first though as I hate the idea of paying for through my teeth, for my teeth seeing as I already pay tons of tax... Scared the **** out of me and treated me like dirt... It's like they don't even want your money and they're doing it as a favour!

Bastards the lot of them

Comment

The best thing here is that people kick off about a flippant remark about shooting people for being silly, which i think i'm pretty obviously not serious about, and ignore the wider issue.

I've got a birth condition that's a bit of a pain in the arse to try and fix, but the NHS decided to send me to London to a special clinic, I live in manchester, but I get sent to London, ignoring the fact that there are clinics in leeds, nottingham, and north wales that are just as good.

Because the clinic is in London they refuse to give me a prescription on the spot "in case i walk next door and use it in a local chemist, and cost their funding authority money" and say they'll mail it to me. 3 months later I am waiting for these drugs. That wait is apparently "normal" and "acceptable".

IT'S A GREEN BIT OF PAPER WITH TWO THINGS WRITTEN ON IT!!! HOW LONG CAN THAT TAKE TO PRINT AND MAIL?!

That's (one of) my NHS *****es, but i'm unfortunate enough to be dependant on it, I have no choice. Smokers arn't - they dont *need* the NHS, they need to not ******* smoke.

also, on topic for the forum, i have NO idea where to put my ac controls :P
                Cat
                Woot, or something.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieg
                  Expensive... but cheap compared to private.. I paid the best part of a thousand for a root canal and a couple of fillings! Dentist was good, was a posh one.

I went to the NHS dentist by my work first though as I hate the idea of paying for through my teeth, for my teeth seeing as I already pay tons of tax... Scared the **** out of me and treated me like dirt... It's like they don't even want your money and they're doing it as a favour!

Bastards the lot of them
                  Yeh, my teeth were 250 private, and I got black fillings anyway, 'cause they're at the back.
                  Whoops, too much sugar.
                  Cat
                  Woot, or something.

Comment

The best thing here is that people kick off about a flippant remark about shooting people for being silly, which i think i'm pretty obviously not serious about, and ignore the wider issue.
                    I wasnt kicking off did you see the smiley I almost did as I am having nicotine withdrawal symtoms and a bit on edge GRRGRGRGRR

I've got a birth condition that's a bit of a pain in the arse to try and fix, but the NHS decided to send me to London to a special clinic, I live in manchester, but I get sent to London, ignoring the fact that there are clinics in leeds, nottingham, and north wales that are just as good.

Because the clinic is in London they refuse to give me a prescription on the spot "in case i walk next door and use it in a local chemist, and cost their funding authority money" and say they'll mail it to me. 3 months later I am waiting for these drugs. That wait is apparently "normal" and "acceptable".

IT'S A GREEN BIT OF PAPER WITH TWO THINGS WRITTEN ON IT!!! HOW LONG CAN THAT TAKE TO PRINT AND MAIL?!

That's (one of) my NHS *****es, but i'm unfortunate enough to be dependant on it, I have no choice. Smokers arn't - they dont *need* the NHS, they need to not ******* smoke.

also, on topic for the forum, i have NO idea where to put my ac controls :P
                    I'd write to your local MP or some **** like that, sounds a bit raw to be honest. At least if there is a next time you'll know not to move until the bastards give you the prescription...

Hey if it makes you feel any better about the smokers... At least ***** all can be done if they've got cancer... I thought the NHS just left them to rot with a few painkillers?????!?!?!?!

But hell there a million and one stupid things the governemt spends taxes on and no-one benefits... but stuff like the NHS helping people quit smoking is one thing I think is good as once you are addicted to smoking it's not so much of a choice but you cannot get through a monring let alone a day without turning into some monster... well I couldn't anyway...

Comment

Hmm. impacted wisdom teeth. How I remember them well.

I had trouble with bottom ones, on one just the corner came through and yes it used to get inflamed now and again. Black coffee and Nurofen like smarties was my answer for far too long.

Anyway decided to go to a dentist near where I worked, she took one look and decided it was too much for her, so she booked me an appointment at Charing Cross Hospital (which is in Hammersmith and nowhere near Charing Cross ). I was to go in as an outpatient and because they would give me a general anesthetic I had to have some one with me. Oh well mum came to the rescue (me a 28 year old having to go to hospital with me mum ) quite funny actually coz my older brother had the same thing about 10 years earlier and he was older than me when he went. Anyway the upshot is it cost me nowt to have done. Which i thought was a result coz if it had been done by the dentist no doubt she would have charged a pretty penny.

Comment

ok ok, upsides - my dad got cancer in the back of his eye (no, he's never smoked, but might have looked at the sun once or twice :P i can't swear that he's not) and it was pressing his optic nerve.

they had radioactive crap injected into the cancer within the week to shrink it, and he's in complete remission. so yay for that.

I still hate them though.
                        Cat
                        Woot, or something.

Comment

thats good news about your dad Cat.

I remmeber how i felt when the ex found a lump when we wer ein bed once. I ignored it for months and it grew and then started to hurt (a good sign as cancer down there doesnt normally hurt) and eventually my mum noticed me limping and made me go to the docs. Had to arrange my own scan in London (firends mum is head of radiology - handy) as the NHS was busy that week and i had finals the next week so wanted to know. Fortunately it's nothing too serious.

going back to the teeth, i am going private and i thought 80 for a white filling was a lot. They quuoted me 300 for all 4 wisdom teeth out too - not looking forward to that but i was begging to have my tonsils removed last year cos the pain gets so bad and being ill every couple of months ruined my degree.

Comment

Hmmm...but smokers pay for the health service!!!
                            Who else is gonna fund billions of medical malpractice every year......
                            In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(")
                            Bunny's first poo
                            __ U

Comment

I quite smoking. Last October, w00t!!! Go me. (no patches, pills, gum... just cold turkey)

Comment

Working...
                              X