Crunch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunch

I have a new found respect for hunters. Deer suck. I nailed one tonight. Cresting a slight hill with deep ditches around dusk, I saw a herd (flock?, gaggle? murder?) of deer standing in the middle of the road. So as I was heading toward certain doom, I picked out the smallest one and headed straight toward it - Brakes squealing the whole way. Just as I started smelling the sweet sweet smell of disentegrating Goodyears, I nailed the sucker. Small deer, but just tall enough to embed its *** in my grill.

So, I pull over to the side of the road and watch the damn thing bound off into a corn field. Get out, to notice a slightly cracked grill and some souvenier fur embedded in the headlight biezels. I stood there for a minute thinking I was getting off easy - I can pick up a junkyard grill for a few bucks - no sweat. Just then, trickle... trickle... *****! Frigging thing cracked the radiator!

After an hour waiting for the officer and a towtruck to show up, I realized that the AC condensor sits in front of the radiator - damn. Time for my first claim on insurance...

Oh well. I'm alright and the computer is alright. And I think this earns me my first sick day off work for the year.

Just thought I'd vent. Should we add a forum for personal car wrecks? It seems that one or two of us have some sort of incident every week or so...
    http://www.jeepmp3.com/
    CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
    Ne1 recognize the avatar?

in that respect, i have respect for serial killers. people are just as hazardous as deer, one mofo ran me off the road comming head on, causing my truck to flip......shoulda hit the guy........but my car still probably woulda flipped....and someone would be dead.
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples
      in that respect, i have respect for serial killers. people are just as hazardous as deer, one mofo ran me off the road comming head on, causing my truck to flip......shoulda hit the guy........but my car still probably woulda flipped....and someone would be dead.
      I dun think so. I lived.
      Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
      Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
      sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples

What if you tried to avoid the ****** and you end up being dead and all your passenger? Ill hit the ****** atleast only one is dead, after all it was his fault.

I have this mentality, Ill avoid the accident but Ill make sure Im safe first. If I cant avoid it then Im sorry Im gonna have to run him over.

Aint gonna drive of the cliff so he can live, dont think so.

Comment

Ill push him off the cliff

Comment

Thats wierd, i nearly hit a deer on tuesday night coming back from Cirencester.

Had a bit of scare on the way there as i was tonking it up a long country lane, saw some headlights in my mirror int he distance and thought if it's a cop i am screwed, then i see a helicopter hovering just by the side of the road at the crest of the hill about 30-40ft off the ground. So i back off, and then the chopper starts to rise and move away and I see another one with no lights on at all following him. Eventually the car behind catched me up and it was a damn scooby wrx - shouldn't have backed off and given him the satisfaction of catching my little pug!

Comment

Pedestrians suck. Roads are for cars!
              Anyway, the only exterior damage was a shattered grill. Apparently the deer caused the A/C Condensor and the Radiator to sandwitch, busting both of them. $1500 - insurance is covering it (before my $500 contribution). As well they should - I've given them $12,000 over the past 12 years, so it's time to start earning some of that back! It's more than I have in my 401k for crying out loud.

I'm just ****ed that I have to wait until the middle of next week to get it back... No carputer for my 1 1/2 hr commute each day.

Comment

glad to hear you have it covered. You should have tracked the deer down and had some samitches.
                I GIVE FREE HUGS!
                Buy Sell or Trade
                If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
                Thank you
                Forex
                Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Mofo lived. Dam thing was bleating in the ditch for a while - gave me the creaps. But by the time the cop arrived the deer had runofft. It appeared to be a small doe anyway - wouldn't make too many burgers...

Comment

Wow. And you would think that jeeps were made to take more abuse
                    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                      Wow. And you would think that jeeps were made to take more abuse
                      Grrr.....
                      If I were driving a Lexus, I'd be pulling deer fur out of my teeth, rather than the radiator. And I could probably buy one or two Lexus ashtrays for the price of my repair!

Comment

Originally posted by PatO
                        Grrr.....
                        If I were driving a Lexus, I'd be pulling deer fur out of my teeth, rather than the radiator. And I could probably buy one or two Lexus ashtrays for the price of my repair!

In the words of the Simpson family.... "Doh, a deer...."

Comment

Grrr.....
                          Nah. A guy from clublexus had an encounter with a dear. ****ed up the front, but not the radiator or windshield
                          PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                          GammaControl v2.4
                          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Grrr.....

肚子笑痛了
                            S60 Install

Comment

Working...
                            X