Need some advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

Maybe some of you noticed that I wasn't being very nice on the forums today. Well here's the reason:
    A few weeks before the winter vacation, I was hit in the school's parking lot. After a long story I got the money from the guy ($1350) and my mechanic fixed the rear quarter panel perfectly. The paint matches and everything. But it also has this "stich" on the inside. Plus this is the second time that that same panel has been hammered out

So today I go to school like normal and come back and park my car to go eat lunch. I come out, grab my books and go to my crib. Then I forgot that I had some pens that were desperately needed in my house, so I went to grab those. That's when I noticed the new "dent". The new dents is more centered on the wheel well. No note or anything -- hit-and-run. Ofcourse I'm furious because I just got that entire ******* side resprayed 4 months prior! So now I have this dent in the driver's side rear quarter panel (again), and it also has some paint scratches (white). I said "dent" because dents are usually small and don't have paint removed. So this isn't really a "dent".

As I stated earlier, I don't have any info at all about the person that was driving or the car (except that it was white). And the rear panel has been fixed one too many times in my book. I don't want the thing hammered out again, as my mechanic is offering to do for $40. I already had him do his $40 job once, and its sux.

So, What are my options here? I have some pics I'll upload later.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Plunger! hell it's worth a shot.

Make sure you call the po-po and let them know (haha, rhyme). Be on the look out for cars with red paint scrapes. Run up and down your school parking lot.

Then try the plunger if you can't find the little *****.
    Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
    Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
    sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Ouch, that sucks. I've only had my car hit once in the parking lot and the guy left a note, it wasn't a big enough scrape for me to care so I never called him.
      AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
      Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
      Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
      -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

It wasn't at my school's parking lot... it was on the street were I park it every day

So waht should I tell the popos? 911 is only for emergencies right?
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Attached Files
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Attached Files
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Attached Files
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Attached Files
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Attached Files
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Attached Files
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

LOL Sorry to hear that man i know u went through hell the first time.

Call up the insurance people and tell them it was a hit and run and tell the cops.

Also id check all the people who live up and down the street by walking past their houses and looking for a white car and some scratches.

Also look for local businesses that are around there and see if any have a white car thats been scuffed up.

Sorry to hear about it but its a hazard when parking on a street
                      CarPC Status:
                      GPS: 99%
                      Hardware: 99%
                      Software: 92%
                      Case Install: 99.9%
                      Dash Install: 100%
                      Car Install: 72%

Comment

Jeez Boris, i thought your 1st pics were new damage then and i felt sick! But then i had hope it wasn't too bad but then saw the new pics and it is pretty bad. Damn dude, pool Lexus. Jsut go down your local cop shop and speak to them or look for the numbe rin yellow pages - don't you dare call 911 for that!!!

to be honest there is nothing they can do. The only way they could ever find out is chemical tests to prove it could have been thier car and they only do that kind of thing in fata hit and runs. $40 seems a bit cheap for that kind of damage but if he thinks he can do it then mayeb let hm have a go. Get some T-cut on thart paint after you ahve been to the police - so they can see the fulle ctent and the white paint and it will look better - trust me - my mates really ****ed his merc and when we for rid of the black marks it just looked better and made him feel beter about it.

Hope it gets sorted ok.

Comment

damn that sucks, I would just pay the $40 instead of screwing with the cops and the insurance
                          肚子笑痛了
                          S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by jcdillin
                            damn that sucks, I would just pay the $40 instead of screwing with the cops and the insurance
                            yup, but then you own a volvo so you have common sense.

oh and more class

Comment

That really sux man. I've had my baby hit twice now. The first time I was out with my wife (fiance at the time) and we were looking for houses. We parked on the street, walked in to the house, we didn't like it so we weren't in there more then 6-7min and we come back out. The ******* in front of me had backed out of his spot right into my popup headlights. Neither of them came up under there own power. I had to pull the fuses and crank them up by hand while holding the hood and fender away from them. I pulled them out with a crow bar and got them lined up decently. I wasn't going to have a bodyshop fix them till I was ready to paint the car. About 3 months after that I did have the car painted and the front end lined up again. Not 2 weeks later a woman pulled out of a parkinglot right into the side of the car and then backed up and tried to get away. I pulled right in front of her and parked her in so that she couldn't leave till the cops got there. She pushed my whole front end out of alignement and it still isn't quite right even after the bodyshop got done. These things happen I guess. If you have full coverage on the car look up the police's non emergancy number have them fill out a report and the call and report it to your insurance agent unless you want to pay for the work yourself.
                              Visit my website at:
                              http://www.hostilejava.com
                              http://hostilejava.com/gerbil5.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X