IF you happen to be in the market for a flash drive check this out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF you happen to be in the market for a flash drive check this out

So I pulled my jeans out of the dryer today and low and behold my SanDisk Cruzer micro fell out of the pocket. So I'm thinking oh ****...long story short, I let it air dry (the jeans were still damp, damn dryer sucks) the rest of the day, plug it in, and it works perfectly! Hopefully it will continue too, but needless to say I was very impressed.

That's not bad! I'm not too suprised though. they are probably 100% sealed on the inside like hard drives.
    Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
    Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
    sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

I also laundered my Cruzer and let it air dry like you....working fine to this day (about 1.5 years later)

Comment

the corsair ones are supposed to be pretty good for that too.

Comment

I had a 3.5" hard drive in my pocket, did the wash, pulled it out and air dryed it. It still works!!
          AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
          Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
          Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
          -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by xBrady
            I had a 3.5" hard drive in my pocket, did the wash, pulled it out and air dryed it. It still works!!
            No *****ing way!

Well i had my desktop with 2 19" monitors in my pockets but i realised when my trousers wouldnt fit in the washing machine

Comment

Had the same thing happen with my 2g jump drive. Solid state works ok after its dried, just don't plug it in wet.

Hey, that could be a country song 'Just don't plug it in wet.. (twang, twang)'
              VIA MII 10000 - 512MB Ram - Dual 2.5" drives, Xenarc 700TSV, Panasonic CW-8132-B, Opus 150, Audigy 2 NX, PowerMate, IOADR1610 10 Relay card

Comment

yeah I have 4 cruzers, I put them through hell and they just keep taking it
                肚子笑痛了
                S60 Install

Comment

My dad's girlfriend used my car and put some flowers in the trunk, on top of my carpc. A little bit of water poured into the ventilation holes, right between the case and the HDD's electronics. All this while the PC was on.

Needless to say I'm looking for a new hdd now
                  List of front-ends/usefull apps
                  XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Originally posted by JC-S60
                    My dad's girlfriend used my car and put some flowers in the trunk, on top of my carpc. A little bit of water poured into the ventilation holes, right between the case and the HDD's electronics. All this while the PC was on.

Needless to say I'm looking for a new hdd now
                    I hope you gave the ***** a good slap!

and don't you mean your dad is now buying you a nice new 7200rpm 100gb laptop drive??

Comment

I used to do desktop support for a large company
                      We had replaced 2 monitors in 2 weeks for a lady in proccessing
                      The 3rd week she called in, I got the page

What do you think I found after I ran to her desk?

She was being very helpfull and moving her potted plant off of the monitor, with water still dripping, to the shelf.

I had to walk away...
                      TruckinMP3
                      D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by TruckinMP3
                        I used to do desktop support for a large company
                        We had replaced 2 monitors in 2 weeks for a lady in proccessing
                        The 3rd week she called in, I got the page

What do you think I found after I ran to her desk?

She was being very helpfull and moving her potted plant off of the monitor, with water still dripping, to the shelf.

I had to walk away...
                        I take it she got charged for it?

Comment

Not directly.... it did come out of the department cost center though
                          TruckinMP3
                          D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

she should have got a slap!

Comment

Who the **** likes plants anyway? They're stupid.
                              Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
                              Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
                              sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Working...
                              X