Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does insurance cover a stolen mp3car system?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does insurance cover a stolen mp3car system?

Do they cover your stolen computer and stuff? Did this happen to someone in the past?

It depends on your insurance company! I'm with the AA in the UK and as standard they insure audio equipment up to 500 (Carputers and screens are covered under this). If you want more then ask them. You may have to pay a little more.
    "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

Comment

Mine is also covered by the audio equipment clause - up to 1000.00 on my policy.

Comment

MP3Car: Where abouts in Macc are you. I have friends in Stockport and Adlington so am up and down the M6 all the time. Have to look out for your pug

Comment

Thank you, I'll call up my insurance company tomorrow and check to see how much i'm covered.

Comment

Yeah i have standard 1000 cover with Lloyds TSB from churchill. covers ICE and navigation.

Comment

My policy will cover it if it's permanently installed in the vehicle.
              It's audio equipment.
              [H]4 Life
              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

i use State Farm Ins. Co. my car pc was stolen recently, well, my LCD was. they use a third aprty company called AJRS that handles claims like this. they payed for my LCD and even paid me for installing it myself..

Comment

I have 500 audio equipment cover built into the cover, I told them I have replaced the head unit with an amp and mp3 player (didn't want to be very specific, only what they wanted to know) worth less than the amount - biggest expense is the software and time invested really to me.

I DID go to another insurance company and give them a proper run down, and it bumped the insurance up by 2000 once they came back from the underwriters, they must have thought I had KITT or something.

I think it depends on how you 'phrase' it either as audio equipment (sat nav/mp3 etc) or as a 'full computer system doing xyz'.
                  Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                  Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Commercial insurance does NOT cover audio equipment at all in the UK.

Guess how I found that out. Just had to get commercial insurance quotes. DAM insurance bods

Comment

that's terrible...

Comment

You can buy insurance for pretty much anything you want. The real question is, would you want it covered?
                        2004 4runner

Comment

Originally posted by kevinlekiller
                          Do they cover your stolen computer and stuff? Did this happen to someone in the past?
                          I insured mine for $3k on a rider for my regular insurance.
                          I've seen other threads where someone has had their windows broken and the whole systems ripped out with a crowbar.
                          The next day I went to my insurance agent,and she took pics of my setup,and had me insured that day.
                          $115 a year is cheap for the peace of mind you get.
                          Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

what about home-owners or renters insurance? in the states, it will cover electronics in the car too...

Comment

This makes me laugh!!!

I am insured to be carrying goods up to the value of 20million (like i am going to be doing that) yet they wont insure a factory fitted stereo, not to mention a carputer.

They say "Its nickable"

Comment

Working...
                              X