Javascript help plzzzzzzzzz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javascript help plzzzzzzzzz

I need some help from someone somewhat good with javascript as it is not my forte. I need to be able to dynamically update a label/text.
    An example of what I need: I have a for loop that is running all of the time. I need to change some text(label) from that for loop dynamically. So for example if you had a web page that showed a timer that updated every second with the new time in the label. Not even close to what I am doing but the same idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm working on it right now so a fast response would be great
    Brady
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

someone took my advice and posted here :-P

Comment

See if this helps you, just download it and rename it to a html file, its just a simple system clock that updates every second and shows the current time

hope this helps
      Attached Files
      www.streetrace.co.uk - The UK's best modified car club (With lots of 16/17/18 year olds for scouse to abuse)

Comment

That might be what I need. I need some time to digest it. This uses ActiveX? Any idea what for?
        Installed.

Comment

There's no activex in this at all, its got a vbscript tag at the start but that can be taken out as i changed it to plain html and javascript
          www.streetrace.co.uk - The UK's best modified car club (With lots of 16/17/18 year olds for scouse to abuse)

Comment

I wasn't even paying attention. I am sooo tired. Ya, no activeX. Why does IE block it for having active content?
            Installed.

Comment

Oh, and this should definitely help out in what I am doing. My friend told me that I would have to use innerhtml but I didn't know what he was talking about (he had to go and didn't have time to explain).
              I just don't want IE blocking the page every time.
              Installed.

Comment

Try removing the first line, the VBscript tag as you REALLY dont need that

That should be the problem as i cant imagine your IE settings being set to block javascript, unless its because you are running it locally, and these days when you run scripts locally they are suspicious because so many viral scripts are out there

Basically if you have the timing script already done then you just need a "<DIV>" tag with an id, then you just reference the div and do the innerhtml thang on it, you can do some pretty amazing stuff with basic javascript, i use it all the time

Comment

Originally posted by elmo
                  Try removing the first line, the VBscript tag as you REALLY dont need that

That should be the problem as i cant imagine your IE settings being set to block javascript, unless its because you are running it locally, and these days when you run scripts locally they are suspicious because so many viral scripts are out there

Basically if you have the timing script already done then you just need a "<DIV>" tag with an id, then you just reference the div and do the innerhtml thang on it, you can do some pretty amazing stuff with basic javascript, i use it all the time
                  Ya, I'm running it locally. That must be the problem. Thanks for the help. This should do just what I need.
                  Installed.

Comment

Working...
                  X